Let's have a western animation thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Let's have a western animation thread

Post by Gamerforlife »

So I've been a big Sly Cooper fan for a long time and purchased Sly Thieves in Times soon after it came out and have beaten it already. I was listening to a podcast where they were talking to the guys behind the game. The guy who voices Sly, who is also a co host of the podcast, mentioned a facebook page where he's been trying to get support for a Sly animated series. I doubt it'll happen, but the games have always had a Saturday morning cartoon feel to them, so it seems like a natural fit. There's a cool little animated short you can download on PSN for free that makes me wish it could become a reality. I thought I'd post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IGDK2X__h0

I think a Sly Cooper show could be a lot of fun, much like the Disney stuff I grew up on.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Well that was great!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Retrodude
128-bit

Post by Retrodude »

Not bad, but it looks incredibly cheap (like, late 90s web animation cheap). If there's ever a TV series, I hope it has better animation than that.
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Retrodude wrote:Not bad, but it looks incredibly cheap (like, late 90s web animation cheap). If there's ever a TV series, I hope it has better animation than that.

I liked it, made me nostalgic for the old toons.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I liked it too, but I imagine if they ever got the budget for an actual series the animation probably would be a little more impressive. They probably whipped that video up on a budget, as the in game cut scenes are slightly better I think. A lot of cartoons now have simplistic animation though, so it could work.

It would have been cool if something like this could have been done as a TV commercial for the game. I don't recall any TV ads for the game at all. Seems a shame they whipped up that cool video and few people have probably seen it. I stumbled upon it while looking for the Bentley's Pack mini-game DLC
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

This is it! Next week are the finales of Young Justice and Green Lantern. Both shows delivered this past Saturday and made me really want to see what happens next. GL just brought its usual awesomeness this week. YJ was especially good though, with a pretty kickass episode that really brought everything in the season to a head.

I fucking PISSED that these shows are ending!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Posting my love for this in three separate threads :lol:

I watched it a few minutes ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only 7 minutes long, so there's no excuse for anyone not to see it.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

Michi wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:Archer is fucking amazing.

Truth.

Meh. Just the tip.

:mrgreen:
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

So, after going on an anti-hero high a couple nights ago I ended up ordering this and this off of Amazon. They should be arriving tomorrow.

I've never considered myself a comic book fan, but a few Youtube clips made Spawn look badass and I've always found Batman to be really cool. So here's hoping they'll be worth it.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Retrodude
128-bit

Post by Retrodude »

Excellent choices, dude. Spawn's a fantastic series and all three of those Batman movies are great (Under The Red Hood is the best of the three IMO).
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.