Let's have a western animation thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
GazongaJoe
24-bit

Re: Let's have a western animation thread

Post by GazongaJoe »

I wish they'd put King of The Hill back on Netflix......
Even the horses are cut in half......
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

fastbilly1 wrote:Macfarlane stated a couple years ago that he wanted to stop doing the show. The fanbase obviously does not want him to. So he decided to start giving fans the middle finger. I would not be surprised if in the Christmas episode where "Stewie tries to get the only thing he wants for Christmas" he dies off aswell.

That's a stupid attitude. If he really doesn't want to do that bad, he doesn't have to. He could just end it like plenty of other fan-loved stuff over the years. Or he could have someone else take-over.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

If McFarlane is "done" with the show, why does he have other shows that are the exact same damn thing?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I agree it is a bit childish, but no one else could take over the show from him. He is the three of the main characters (well two now).

Forlorn Drifter wrote:If McFarlane is "done" with the show, why does he have other shows that are the exact same damn thing?

Tired of doing those characters over and over in storys that are best described as stream of conscious from a standup comic with some over arching storyline. Granted it all could be a publicity stunt.

Honestly I do not know what he is thinking. I know that since Ted did well he has stated he wants to do more features.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:If McFarlane is "done" with the show, why does he have other shows that are the exact same damn thing?

You've clearly never actually watched American Dad if you think it's the exact same thing as Family Guy. The show structure and character dynamics are quite different and I've found I like American Dad much more than Family Guy.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

MrPopo wrote:

You've clearly never actually watched American Dad if you think it's the exact same thing as Family Guy. The show structure and character dynamics are quite different and I've found I like American Dad much more than Family Guy.

Really? I took out the first season from the library and it seemed like the same type of humor, except with more of an emphasis on bashing Republicans.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

BoringSupreez wrote:
MrPopo wrote:

Really? I took out the first season from the library and it seemed like the same type of humor, except with more of an emphasis on bashing Republicans.

The first season is definitely more like Family Guy. Starting with the second season it began to do its own thing and become a strong show in its own right.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

MrPopo wrote:

I prefer American Dad and understand its different, but the basic idea is the same. Why not just change the characters in Family Guy to reflect that? Or why keep going if he doesn't want to any more? I really don't understand.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I prefer American Dad and understand its different, but the basic idea is the same. Why not just change the characters in Family Guy to reflect that? Or why keep going if he doesn't want to any more? I really don't understand.

There's this thing called money that makes people do weird things.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Kim Possible is great.

I vaguely remember watching a few episodes years ago (and liking what I saw).
More recently I played one of the GBA and one of the DS games, which are actually pretty good 2D (gameplay) platformers with grappling hook action.

I decided to watch the whole series (inc. the two movies) and I'm really glad I did. I just finished watching it today and it is high quality from start to finish (not that there aren't some weaker episodes here and there).

I won't say it left a bigger mark on me than something like The Cities of Gold or Saint Seiya (two other classics which I always like to recommend, even though this is the Western Animation thread), or the rather unknown but beautiful David the Gnome (a Spanish production that I doubt many here in the forum will even know about - what a tremendous finale that series has, for a kid's show).
Kim Possible is very light-hearted but it really delivers in terms of quality and I'm pretty sure I will very fondly remember the characters.

In my opinion it is a classic series and adults that like animation probably are doing themselves a favour by checking it out.