All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For sale - Pre-modded Sega Saturn/ram expansion/s-video
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm 
24-bit

~~~~EDIT EDIT EDIT - SOLD - Thank You Racketerrs!! ! !

Selling my Racket Mod-chipped Sega Saturn with ram expansion, 2 controllers (one has slightly torn cord, electrical-taped with no actual wiring exposed - only covered wires), and s-video cable. I also have 2 games - Sega Rally Championship and Worldwide Soccer.

Any suggestions for pricing on this s-vid, pre-mod chipped, 1 and 3mb (switch) ram expansion cart, 2 controller package? I'm thinking $120 including shipping...? The system is in excellent condition - very clean/non smoker/no kids/etc.

I hate to sell it, because my wife is making me get rid of my 36", pretty-much-arcade-monitor-flat-screen-CRT component/s-vid input... leaving me no real reason to keep the Saturn. (If anyone lives within driving distance of Fort Wayne, IN and is interested in the TV - get at me!)

~~~~EDIT - SOLD :) Thanks everybody!!!

Last edited by Capcomwarrior on Mon May 16, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: For sale - Pre-modded Sega Saturn/ram expansion/s-video
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:19 pm 
Next-Gen

Just going to bump your topic to say this is worth it. I bought a modded Saturn from another Racketeer lately and I'm just in love with Shining Force III. The folks at Shining Force Central finished the translation patch for Scenarios 2 and 3 lately, too. http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

-Nathan Barnatt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm 
24-bit

^ Well, thank you very much for the bump - I feel that it is as well... do you think the price is right? I would probably avoid raising it - Id just call it a good deal for somebody... but I am open to price discussion to some (probably rather small) extent. I thought quite a bit about the price - based on what I paid for everything and the level of enjoyment value the package holds... but I'm not so familiar with what pre-mods and regular saturns are going for here or on Ebay.

thank you for the feedback - I hope to find a good, appreciative home for it. Many great memories with this system, and I'm sure I will end up owning it again someday when I can get another, but proper TV. For now, I really want to get it in the hands of somebody on this site if possible!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm 
24-bit

Thats a bit much considering installing the mod chip requires little to no skill or time to do by a novice. I think I paid $25 for my Saturn, $25 for the mod chip and those games are not worth much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:49 am 
24-bit

^^ haha can you show me even 1 link to a saturn being sold for $25? 4-5 years ago yeah, but I haven't seen one even close to that for years.
Yeah the games don't really have anything to do with it - pretty much just extra, but here is Racket's (http://www.racketboy.com/store/sega-saturn.html) 37.99 for the chip, 32.95 for the ram cart. Plus shipping... and s-video cable - I don't think $100-120 is far off at all, especially including shipping and the modchip all ready to go. For you, there may be nothing to installing the modchip - no its not complicated, but you do need to have the proper tools to do it... and most people who haven't been into gaming mods already do not have the proper soldering tools. I definitely am open to price discussion, though.

~edit - OK, I did find some ebay listings that are closer to $35 for the system at similar conditions, so I would be willing to do $100 for the package shipped.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 am 
64-bit

I sold a spare Saturn I had last fall with one controller, all hook ups, and Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2 on a straight auction on ebay. It went for a whopping $25 plus $10 shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:47 pm 
Next-Gen

Well, Saturn would be $20-40ish. Mod chip $25 plus maybe $25 for work. The 4-in-1 cart (is that what you have?) would be $33. The s-video cable is $7. The games are just throw-ins. If you include shipping, I don't think $100-125 is bad. That seems right about the standard rate, all things considered.

I would also probably ask $125 and take it from there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:09 pm 

Also guys, if you have a problem with the price it's a lot classier to just PM the guy instead of thread crapping. If you PM someone who you think is way off on price, you give them a chance to reassess their item and make adjustments privately as opposed to leaving a semi-permanent instance of you calling them out.

Also if someone is asking for too much their item will just NOT sell and they'll decide whether or not to lower their price for themselves.

That said, I'd like to ask OP about the controllers: Which version(s) are they?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 am 
24-bit

Thanks for the feedback - the cart is not the 4-in-1, its the puzzle/pocket fighter (I think) one that Racket sells here, thats why I mentioned his price on the cart. It is only ram, no menues or saving. It has a switch for between ram sizes.

The System and controllers is all model 2.

The system is in great, clean condition (excellent). Actually, about a year ago (less prob), Hobie Wan (from here) did an advanced cleaning on it (cleaned every board, crevice, and corner... obviously body as well) to great results. If you know Hobie Wan, you know he wasn't messing around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 am 
24-bit

Thanks for the feedback - the cart is not the 4-in-1, its the puzzle/pocket fighter (I think) one that Racket sells here, thats why I mentioned his price on the cart. It is only ram, no menues or saving. It has a switch for between ram sizes.

The System and controllers is all model 2.

The system is in great, clean condition (excellent). Actually, about a year ago (less prob), Hobie Wan (from here) did an advanced cleaning on it (cleaned every board, crevice, and corner... obviously body as well) to great results. If you know Hobie Wan, you know he wasn't messing around.

~No idea how I posted this twice - apologies - mods - please delete one.