Games You Like That Nobody Else Seemed to Like

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Games You Like That Nobody Else Seemed to Like

Post by BurningDoom »

-Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - I liked this entry better than Castlevania 1 & 3 for NES even. I love the open-world (for a 2D game open-world) feel to it, and the RPG-elements it had. I did hate the nightfall changing mechanic like everyone else, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't look past it. The rest of the game is great!

-Fighting Force (PSX) - At the time, beat-em ups were out, I think that alone is why so many people didn't like it at the time. But it was a very good beat-em up game, IMO. And it was one of the first 3D beat-em up games. Plus it had highly destructible environments, and tons of weapons or debris that you could use as weapons. A beat-em up fan's dream. However, it is a very short game.

-King's Field Series (PSX/PS2) - A very unique action-RPG that I am absolutely in love with. I've played through these games so many times I've lost count. It's played from the first-person perspective. It has a very lonely, and dangerous feeling to it. And it has a high-emphasis on exploration. There was 3 games released on the PSX in Japan, only 2 in the U.S. And one more game released for both countries on PS2. A lot of people hate the slow walking at first, it gets better as you level-up your stamina levels-up too and you are able to run like anywhere. A lot people also hate that it's a game where you must figure everything out on your own. There's not a narrator, text-boxes, or NPCs to hold your hand through the game, and it's hard.

-Pin-Bot (NES) - Awesome home console version of an actual Pinball machine. I remember when I was a kid I play the frick out of this game, and I still pop it in every now and then. But all my friends back then would be laughing at it simply for it being a Pinball game.

-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis/Saturn) - I loved this game when it came out. It is very different from the rest of the Genesis Sonic games, but it's still a lot of fun I thought. Also, as a side note, I just wanted to add that THIS GAME was the first appearance of the enemy lock-on move. You would get it when you picked up the gold shield. I see everyone (magazines and websits included) saying that Sonic Adventure was the first appearance of this addition to Sonic's arsenal, WRONG. I do admit, however, that I played this on my Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection recently, and the controls on XBox 360 are awful. Stick to the Saturn or Genesis versions because you really need a good D-Pad for this game.

-Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) - Yeah, it was different than SMB 1, but it was a still a top-notch platformer in it's own right. Everyone that hates on this game needs to play it again, and play it without comparing it to other Mario games. Very tight-controls, bright-vivd NES graphics, great sound, and a nice platforming challenge.

-Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) - Another victim for being a different Mario adventure. The controls, levels, and graphics are totally Mario. But all it takes for some people is a change of setting to hate a Mario game. Too bad, because I actually enjoyed this 3D platformer more than it's predecessor: Super Mario 64.

-Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES) - Great Zelda game. Better than the recent Spirit Tracks game, that's for sure. Again, just like SMB 2, it's different and that's why people love to hate it. Great challenge, and a nice mixture of different gameplay styles.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Games You Like That Nobody Else Seemed to Like

Post by dsheinem »

please search.