Autistic kid cheats to get achievements, MS removes them.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Autistic kid cheats to get achievements, MS removes them.

Post by ZeroAX »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107371-Autistic-Xbox-Players-Mother-Admits-He-Cheated

On one hand, the kid did cheat. On the other hand, he's autistic and they are just fucking achievements. You know things that have 0 real value. Your thoughts on the matter?

Personally, just let the kid fucking have them. His life is hard enough already. Achievements have no real value, and if any morons complain cause their e-penis has just been devalued cause some kid had them gifted to him, then what can I say? How about going to the special Olympics and telling the people taking part, that their efforts don't matter cause it's not the regular Olympics while you're at it?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: Autistic kid cheats to get achievements, MS removes them.

Post by Ivo »

I think he shouldn't be allowed to keep the "achievements" as that will communicate the wrong message (in particular to the kid in question).

Microsoft seem to have been pretty fair about it already, according to the post you linked too.

Ivo.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Ivo wrote:I think he shouldn't be allowed to keep the "achievements" as that will communicate the wrong message (in particular to the kid in question).

Microsoft seem to have been pretty fair about it already, according to the post you linked too.

I still disagree with taking away something of no value from a sick person, but I guess opinions will be opinions. I don't know, I'm just getting tired of video game players making a big deal out of achievements. If you like it as a hobby, then do it for yourself. It's not like they don't cheat to get them themselves. So many online guides about getting achievements. How exactly is it your achievement then?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
RBT
24-bit

Post by RBT »

Call me hash but I don't see why he should be allowed to cheat just because he is autistic.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

RBT wrote:Call me hash but I don't see why he should be allowed to cheat just because he is autistic.

Cause it's a game.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

He's autistic not retarded.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

AppleQueso wrote:He's autistic not retarded.

True, but I've seen a wide range of different behavior per person. I don't know I guess I have a very soft spot for sick kids.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

RBT wrote:Call me hash but I don't see why he should be allowed to cheat just because he is autistic.

Agreed. It's bullshit. Cheating is cheating, who you are shouldn't matter.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

THIS. Just like all the other "privileges" handed out because of a handicap or race. Makes no sense to put one group above another.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

Oh, look it is someone hiding behind a disability to try and justify their actions. He broke the rules, he faces the consequences.