Video Pinball

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Video Pinball

Post by fastbilly1 »

IF you have a keen eye, in the video at 1 minute 51 seconds they showcase Hurricane being disassembled:
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Zaccaria Pinball for the PC finally got a trailer and is sitting in Steam Greenlight:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =605301580

Youtube of trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwYghjdONXU
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Fireball & El Dorado (EM) are out now.

Hurricane next month, the pseudo-sequel to Cyclone?

We're also getting a head-to-head machine called A.G. Soccer in the coming months from Alvin G. & Co. It will be playable with one person.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

AG Soccer is one of Gottliebs last and one of the very few head to head tables (modeled after Joust ofcourse). I wonder if they are going to get multiplayer on it.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Rescue 911 dropped for Pinball Arcade. Next up is rumored to be AG Soccer or TX Sector, Id love to have either.

Thanks to a Humble Bundle, I have been playing alot more Zen Pinball. Epic Quest and Mars are two of my favorite virtual tables, though Archer and Portal are up there.

Due to an influx of new computer hardware, I am tempted to build a pincab again. Does anyone know the minimum GPU for running Pinball Arcade in DX11 at max settings, 1080p? I want to do freecamera with two monitors - 32 inch table.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Rescue 911 -- cool enough, but really difficult, like most Gottlieb tables are famous for. I only have 1 standard goal so far.

Next month is Last Action Hero from Data East, that came way out of left field. AG Soccer and TX Sector have already been leaked, so it's only a matter of time.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Last Action Hero, thats awesome.

Zaccaria Pinball is coming to Steam eventually. Their indiegogo was not advertised enough to make the 10k they wanted for a day one release. So itll probably come out the same time we get Dr Who on Pinball Arcade.

I had a great run on Twilight Zone last night, broke 1.5b and was still on my first ball with almost the entire door filled, then someone called and Pinball Arcade crashed...
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Last month I got over 7 billion on WhoDunnit, but there was an issue with the user accounts & logins so even though I was logged in, it never made it to the leaderboard :evil:

It appears it has been fixed as of yesterday. Now I can see that my PB on TZ is 2,894,982,260. That game gives me no more trouble. LITZ is very easy to do now.

If you want an easier 6-ball MB experience, play Frankenstein. It's insane.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

How do you play Exed? Do you just use the keyboard/controller, or do you have a custom setup?

Also what is your general strategy in Multiball? I have never been good with a three ball, a six ball would be as bad for me as playing Apollo 13.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

fastbilly1 wrote:How do you play Exed? Do you just use the keyboard/controller, or do you have a custom setup?

Also what is your general strategy in Multiball? I have never been good with a three ball, a six ball would be as bad for me as playing Apollo 13.

I play on my 2nd generation Fire tablet from Amazon. Touch the screen for the flippers, that's it. It feels very much like the real thing, that might give me an edge.

For multiballs, I mainly just focus on the flippers, but on some games that require a jackpot shot in an unusual way like the third flipper JPs on TZ and High Speed, I just try and do that. Go for the balls which have the greatest points potential. Otherwise, focus on the flippers and see how many points you can get. It worked for Whodunnit. I only had one roulette bet and it got me 1.7 billion, but the rest were from jackpots by focusing and shooting as accurately as possible.