What platformer are you playing now?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
J T
Next-Gen

Re: What platformer are you playing now?

Post by J T »

I finished VVVVVV recently. I should get Super Meat Boy and see what all the fuss is about.

I also just finished Au Sable (aka All of Our Friends Are Dead). That was really cool and creepy. I recommend it. I'm working on And Yet It Moves as well.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
G-Darius
32-bit

Post by G-Darius »

Castlevania I&II on GB,Sonic 3 (MD) and Gods on the SNES
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

Super Mario Land 2, this game is very interesting so but is also very frustrating. Once you loose all your lives your golden coins get striped. :shock: :evil:
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Mr.White555 wrote:Super Mario Land 2, this game is very interesting so but is also very frustrating. Once you loose all your lives your golden coins get striped. :shock: :evil:

Yeah that's really cheap. I was at the last boss and died. Haven't gone back to finish yet. It's not even really a satisfying twist, because you've already beat 99% of the game and then they decide to make you do a whole bunch of work to finish the last 1%.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Super Mario Land 2 is my favorite Mario game of all time. Losing the coins sucks but you only have to re-beat the bosses to get them back.

I'm playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for the first time. It's kinda tough.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

So I beat Super Mario Land 2 after getting all the coins again. I resorted to turning off my gameboy right as I died on my last life then back tracking and getting more lives. My only other complaint with the game is that the running controls are wonky; I died so many times by not getting enough momentum to jump relatively easy pitfalls.

Overall I enjoyed the game. It is a great change of pace after playing SMB3 & SMW constantly. Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land makes more sense given the context of SML2. Well I'm off to replay SML3.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Playing Donkey Kong Land 2 and falling in love with it all over again. Currently getting every single DK coin. Just finished getting all bonues coins 10 minutes ago :P
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ZeroAX wrote:Playing Donkey Kong Land 2 and falling in love with it all over again. Currently getting every single DK coin. Just finished getting all bonues coins 10 minutes ago :P

weird, I was playing DKL 3 last night.
GryeDor
64-bit

Post by GryeDor »

Right now my wife and I are replaying Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I think it's our third time through. We've gone through the Donkey Kong Country's a couple times each as well :)
Espio 1919
24-bit

Post by Espio 1919 »

Just finished a 100% star coin run on New Super Mario Bros Wii earlier in the week, now a friend and I are in the midst of tackling DKC Returns.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image