NBA Video Games Online Meet-Ups and Discussions

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
mjmjr25

Re: NBA 2K/Live/Elite/Jam - Meet-up

Post by mjmjr25 »

noiseredux wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:crap, I really need to get NBA Jam huh guys?

You'll also want some sort of cheat code to improve your game - sevin and I are, what's the word? Hmmm, lets go with EPICEGENDARYTASTIC.

so you don't want me on yr team? *Flashes back to Jr. High*

Have you ever considered coaching? You seem to have a great basketball mind ~
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I could probably make a spreadsheet with all the team's plays using my personal computer?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

noiseredux wrote:I could probably make a spreadsheet with all the team's plays using my personal computer?

Or even just some "attaboys" or other forms of encouragement?

Do you have a mic? Pressure has been mounting on yours truly to get a mic.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I could probably make a spreadsheet with all the team's plays using my personal computer?

Or even just some "attaboys" or other forms of encouragement?

Do you have a mic? Pressure has been mounting on yours truly to get a mic.

like I was telling sev last night, my PS3 is one corner of the living room behind the couch and TV. It's pretty much dead center of the apartment. It would be rare that I could really use the mic without being a total annoyance to my wife while she was trying to do anything else like watch TV, read, or whatever. So in my mind, not something I'd use often enough to justify paying for it.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

yes, noise. get NBA Jam! so i can beat u with your very own Celtics. :lol:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Playing NBA Jam (PS3) now with mjmjr25.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

sevin0seven wrote:Playing NBA Jam (PS3) now with mjmjr25.

ZE - go to "play online", and hit the accept invitation button. Sevin sent you an invite...
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Scoreboad from last night's game?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Scoreboad from last night's game?

We won 3 in a row and the CPU got pissed - pushing and stealing full-court the entire game. We ended up losing by one - but it may have been our best game as a team. I think it was 78-77 and was intense the whole way through. Not sure if sev took screen shots or not.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

NBA Jam: OFE update:

What is NBA JAM: On Fire Edition?

Well, we broke off the core 2 on 2 experience from our last version of JAM, no Boss Battles and half court games this go around, and have spent a good part of the last year or so polishing and refining that core 2 on 2 experience in every which way we could. We’ve listened to all of the feedback from JAM Fans, just like YOU, and have done our best to deliver the very best version of NBA JAM to date.

You wanted TAG MODE and TEAM FIRE – DONE!

The ability to control either player on your team at any given time (Tag Mode) really takes the JAM experience to a whole new level. If you thought you had to be quick on your toes before, now you have to think twice as fast when running solo.

You can also catch your entire TEAM on FIRE, blue flames and all, by performing 3 consecutive and uncontested alley-oops which really bolsters the whole Co-op experience. There’s no I in Team Fire…okay there is but you get the point.

You wanted DEEPER GAMEPLAY with more strategy – DONE!

No joke, we’ve made well over 1,000 game play tweaks that you will feel the moment you pick up a controller. JAM has never been smoother and more responsive. Our mantra on the game team was “Make every single frame of game play count.”

When you’re runnin’ solo, we’ve added the ability to “Call for Oop” and “Call for Shove” to your AI teammate. Call for Oop will help you catch on Team Fire and Call for Shove is just like calling for a pick…that shoves. Good times.

Razzles Dazzles, the term coined by Tim Kitrow for fancy moves (who’s back with more hilarious commentary by the way), allow you to express yourself while you’re in the middle of a game. If you’re up by 12 points and want to get under your opponents skin you can unleash a granny shot or maybe you want to break out into “the Dougie”, either way RD’s will add even more fuel to the competitive fire.

You wanted BETTER AI – DONE!

We’ve completely revamped our AI by using REAL AI, the artificial intelligence tech behind the FIGHT NIGHT series. It has allowed us to create a more fluid, more dynamic, and more organic game play experience when playing with and against the CPU. I swear it feels like you’re playing against another human. Especially when they Razzle Dazzle you when they have a lead. And the AI is learning how to beat you every time that you play…more on that later ;)

You wanted a BETTER ONLINE EXPERIENCE – DONE!

We’ve made a complete overhaul to how we do all things online. We learned a lot last time out and are doing our best to provide you guys with a place online to game it up with your friends. We’ve got an Online Co-op Campaign in the works (ROAD TRIP) as well as a cool new tournament mode we’re calling ARENA. Whether you want to go Solo, Co-op, or want to take on the world NBA JAM: OFE will be online and ready for you.

But above all…You wanted a better PRICE – DONE!

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will be $15 on XBLA and PSN this fall and we couldn’t be happier about it. Speaking for the game team, we always set out to make the best game we possibly can in the hopes that as many people get to play it as possible. We know times are tight, so were doing our best to pack in as much stuff as we can before it goes live.