Shallowgamer's family album

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Re: Shallowgamer's family album

Post by FerretGamer »

I love the idea of having a dedicated light gun setup. I may have to consider doing that since that's the only reason why I have held onto my CRT (have an XRGB mini).
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

Blu wrote:I love those Dreamcast counter displays. Absolutely classic and true collector pieces.

Edit: I'm curious too how you rose your game cases in the back row above the ones in the front. Neat stylistic choice and helps see your entire collection despite the depth of your shelves.

For some of them, like the genesis carts, I simply used baseball card boxes. That gave me enough height to show the spines in the back.

For the Atari carts I made them from scratch with cardboard. They're slightly higher, to show off a little more of the titles in back. Also wider, so the larger Atari boxes have more to sit on.
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

FerretGamer wrote:I love the idea of having a dedicated light gun setup. I may have to consider doing that since that's the only reason why I have held onto my CRT (have an XRGB mini).

It was out of necessity for me :) If it wasn't set up and ready to go, I'd never use it.

And I love these CRTs. I just wish they had more than one Component input each. But why on earth would you ever need more than one? :) Each TV has a selector for S-Video, and a Selector for Component.