Grape Pop Tarts are BACK

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: Grape Pop Tarts are BACK

Post by Ack »

Oh dear, this has caused me to go down a rabbit hole of memories to classic threads and long gone members. Classics like Budsmoka, Inazuma, Kholdstare, so on and so forth.

Hell, you kids want a look at classic Racketboy? Go read the "Inazuma got banned" thread:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35703

Fucking classic.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Moz's last post where he had his AIM convo with Inazuma is a pretty good summation of Inazuma.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wow didn't know that grape pop tarts was a thing. They taste kind of like grape jelly on toast like strawberry does as I like those now and again.

And root beer? That just doesn't sound right.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Ack wrote:Oh dear, this has caused me to go down a rabbit hole of memories to classic threads and long gone members. Classics like Budsmoka, Inazuma, Kholdstare, so on and so forth.

Hell, you kids want a look at classic Racketboy? Go read the "Inazuma got banned" thread:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35703

Fucking classic.

Oh yeah, this thread is nostalgic to me (even though I never wrote in it). It's nice to see old members like Betamax001, Dylan, and Original_Name. That guy always wrote long-winded posts, but I didn't mind because he loved SEGA so much. Mod_Man_Extreme always struck me as a smart guy, and his Segato Sanshiro avatar always made me smile. I miss Luke too.

Hey Ack, do you still like S'Mores and Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts? Those were my two favorite flavors when I was a little boy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I haven't eaten Pop-Tarts in a long time, but when I do, I still go for brown sugar.

I actually consume brown sugar on an almost daily basis... Oatmeal. Breakfast of champions.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I read that "Inazuma got banned" thread you linked above. That AOL instant messenger conversation between Mozgus and Inazuma is classic. I guess Mjmjr25 wasn't too pleased with it at the time because that was the final straw that closed the thread. I get the logic - You ban a guy because you don't want to hear from him anymore. Still, I'm glad that I got to read that AIM conversation. Too good.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Ecto Cooler + Vodka baby.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

samsonlonghair wrote:I get the logic - You ban a guy because you don't want to hear from him anymore. Still, I'm glad that I got to read that AIM conversation. Too good.

this kinda shit gets brought up any time someone mentions Izzy, but i don't think people who weren't here realize just how ridiculously toxic he was for this forum. entertaining, sure. but ultimately not the best.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

Yeah, I remember. I've been a member of the forum since 2009. I'm not a heavy poster, but I've been here for a while.

He derailed every thread because he didn't understand supply and demand. There are a couple forum members here now that think the high cost of game cartridges is the result of some conspiratorial price gouging, but it's not. In nearly every case it's pure supply and demand.

I get it.
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

samsonlonghair wrote:Yeah, I remember. I've been a member of the forum since 2009. I'm not a heavy poster, but I've been here for a while.

He derailed every thread because he didn't understand supply and demand. There are a couple forum members here now that think the high cost of game cartridges is the result of some conspiratorial price gouging, but it's not. In nearly every case it's pure supply and demand.

I get it.

It was his more controversial stances on things like religion, marriage, kids, and generally every other aspect of telling people how they should live their lives "right" that really got on my nerves. I never noticed much about the supply and demand stuff, except he constantly advocated piracy...can't say that was his most annoying quality.

He didn't really piss me off, and I never reported him for anything that I recall. I just found his superiority complex and negativity annoying. I also hate the nickname "Izzy" it sounds playful, and he was never playful.