Dreamcast Games on PS3?

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Dreamcast Games on PS3?

Post by lisalover1 »

Some of you may have already heard this, but a recent leaked document from Sega has information about the possibility of Dreamcast and PS2 games coming to the Playstation Network. If this is true, this is really big news. The document goes on to say that Sony wants to chooses which Dreamcast titles to have as exclusives, perhaps implying that DC games could be released on XBLA as well. I'm excited to see if this is true or not. But it'll still feel wrong playing DC games with a Sony or Microsoft controller. :lol:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/965543/ign-daily-fix-/videos/thefix_spc_092209.html
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Re: Dreamcast Games on PS3?

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Well, the PS2 saw A LOT of ports from the Dreamcast, and Soul Calibur and Ikaruga are already on XBLA. So it's kinda hard to get real excited about it. Especially since I already own a DC and it'll probably be cheaper to just buy the original games rather than download them for the PS3 (unless they're uber rare).

I would like to see Under Defeat on PSN though! But what are the chances of that? :?
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Powerstone 2, Propeller Arena, and Alien Front Online please, either console. Online multiplayer a plus.
Xonticus
128-bit

Post by Xonticus »

Phantasy Star Online with actual online support would warrant an instant ps3 buy for me
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Xonticus wins, throw that on the list to
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

definetly PSO.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I'd like to see all the online games I can't play anymore back up even if they are on a different console.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

It would be cool to see Dreamcast games for download on PS3 especially if Phantasy Star Online comes back.. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hopefully a few more fighters will make their way to the PS3. And what about titles like Shenmue ending up on the Xbox 360? Makes sense to me, since the Xbox saw the sequel. Heck, if it's popular enough, maybe, just maybe, Shenmue 3 might see production.

...nah, ain't gonna happen.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Screw the PS3, why aren't they coming to the 360? The controllers have practically identical layouts, even the face buttons are almost the right colours and letters!
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys