Dungeons & Desktops

Level up here
Octopod
Next-Gen

Dungeons & Desktops

Post by Octopod »

Has anyone read this? Ive read a few bad reviews that are keeping me from buying it and Id like to get more feedback on it. Amazon has it on sale right now for about $31 and that is quite a bit if the book sucks. That said I dont think there are any other alternatives to D&D currently..its the only book of its kind is it not?
otaku
128-bit

Re: Dungeons & Desktops

Post by otaku »

yeah pretty much I have one called Dungeons and dreamers that was interesting and cheap. Anyway I've wanted this to but am leary of buying it if it sucks. HOpefully ti will end up cheap soon. I'm waiting on the new edition of a commodore book to can't wait for that
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Yes, I have this book and read it. It's really really good for the early history of computer RPGs. Covers lots of RPGs I never knew existed. Some of the writing can be a little fanboyish occasionally, but I hardly expected a totally objective historical treatise. If you have an 8-bit computer and love western RPGs, I highly recommend it. If you're more interested in console JRPGs there's not a lot there for you though.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Noone else read this? I was hoping for input from several people and I see the thread got lots of views. Well if noone is reading it maybe it will drop in price more and itll be easier for me to justify the purchase to myself.
fast
Next-Gen

Post by fast »

I had never heard of it, now I want a copy. Thanks for the heads up Octopod
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Youre welcome heh. Im probably just going to pick it up myself hah. Im very interested in the subject matter and as I said I dont think there is an alternative.