PSX Analog in N64 Controller

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: PSX Analog in N64 Controller

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ive got a few shot sticks that Ive replaced. Do me a favor, shoot me an email (its a gmail account at this username), or PM after mid march. I cannot spend too much time looking into side projects until Momocon is done.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I think the mod would be perfect with a gamecube analogue. I'd really like to see a how to if you ever get round to doing with the GC analogue.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

You need to start selling/doing commisions on these now. I'm sure that I can dig up some limp controllers for you to work on.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
jamesyireland

Post by jamesyireland »

Hey Kyle. I would be very interested in one of these controller mods. I could send you 3 has been controllers 1 nintendo (with a snapped analog stick) and 2 ps1 controllers (old but with analog sticks intact). All I'd ask in exchange is one of those modified n64 controllers. But there's no rush. Take your time with fully cracking the stick sensitivity issue. My email is mythrandia5@yahoo.com! Keep in touch!
Jamesy
nemesis90

Post by nemesis90 »

If you're still interested I have quite a few (maybe 3 or 4) old "bad analog stick" controllers and I would much appreciate it if maybe we could work out something like, controllers and a little cash for a modded controller maybe, anyway it's just really cool that you took the time to do this and I am very interested. I am no stranger to console mods as i have oc'ed my n64 to 100mhz and put a pc heat sink on it, and if I could get a modded 64 controller it would kind of round out my 64 ensemble. Thanks :)
Attachments
oc'ed n64 with aluminum 478 heatsink and fan assembly
oc'ed n64 with aluminum 478 heatsink and fan assembly
PIC_0094.JPG (168.06 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
The gates of Hell,
"Through me is the way into the woeful city; through me is the way into eternal woe; through me is the way among the lost people. Justice moved my lofty maker: the divine Power, the supreme Wisdom and the primal Love made me. Before me were no things created, unless eternal, and I eternal last. Leave every hope, ye who enter!" -Dante
Nintendude94
8-bit

Post by Nintendude94 »

I prefer the N64 joy stick over the PSX. I really wish those things didn't wear out like they do. :(

Current systems: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar (broken), Intellivision, Colecovision (x2), Arcadia 2001, Telestar Combat, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Virtual Boy, Gameboy (x2), GB Pocket, GB Light, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, e-Reader, DS, DS Lite, DSi, Genesis (Modle1 and 2), Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PS1, PS2 (Model 1 and Slim), PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Hyper Scan and Tiger R-Zone (x2).
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

What is the purpose of OCing an N64? The only game I can even remember where I found bad frame rates was Perfect Dark, and everyone wants to play Goldeneye anyway.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
nemesis90

Post by nemesis90 »

That's not true, most if not all of the full 3d fps and adventure games for n64 had very very bad frames, like turok 2, 3, rage wars, shadow man had very bad frames in certain areas and a.i glitches that this mod actually fixed, as well as the error in mortal kombat 4 where when an enemy or your character was k.o'ed then they would fall once and then get up and fall again, kind of dumb, so now that is fixed. I'm not really sure why people are so touchy when it comes to oc'ing stuff all I did was make n64's processor run at 100% capacity instead of 30%. And obviously someone other than myself thought this to be a worthy venture considering the link provided: http://www.gamesx.com/misctech/n64oc.htm
But anyway, the n64 is like my favorite gaming system because that's really what I grew up with so now after playing pc games with awesome frames I was disappointing to see the lagging in some very awesome 64 titles, I'm just trying to make the good stuff last a little longer that's all... Also if you wanna see something really crazy check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv1o7JU7toU
The gates of Hell,
"Through me is the way into the woeful city; through me is the way into eternal woe; through me is the way among the lost people. Justice moved my lofty maker: the divine Power, the supreme Wisdom and the primal Love made me. Before me were no things created, unless eternal, and I eternal last. Leave every hope, ye who enter!" -Dante
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

That's pretty neat. I wish I had the skill and tools for that sort of thing, my N64's analog stick is getting pretty bad lately.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

nemesis90 wrote:That's not true, most if not all of the full 3d fps and adventure games for n64 had very very bad frames, like turok 2, 3, rage wars, shadow man had very bad frames in certain areas and a.i glitches that this mod actually fixed, as well as the error in mortal kombat 4 where when an enemy or your character was k.o'ed then they would fall once and then get up and fall again, kind of dumb, so now that is fixed. I'm not really sure why people are so touchy when it comes to oc'ing stuff all I did was make n64's processor run at 100% capacity instead of 30%. And obviously someone other than myself thought this to be a worthy venture considering the link provided: http://www.gamesx.com/misctech/n64oc.htm
But anyway, the n64 is like my favorite gaming system because that's really what I grew up with so now after playing pc games with awesome frames I was disappointing to see the lagging in some very awesome 64 titles, I'm just trying to make the good stuff last a little longer that's all... Also if you wanna see something really crazy check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv1o7JU7toU

I'm not being touchy about it. I was really curious, as it does make the N64 look more like a hotrod when you do that, which is a look I'm not sure I'm interested in. And as it turns out, I've never played any of the games you listed. Of the stuff in my collection the only thing I notice lag in is Perfect Dark, but it's clear there were rother games that had issues. So it sounds like this is worthwhile for some users.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.