Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by emwearz »

The biggest thing from this update is the change to SR multipliers on win/loss streaks. They have removed the multiplier until a much higher streak and it has been toned down.

After awhile of playing it should put people more in line with where they should be, no more lucky streaks putting people up through 500SR+, in which people play out of place.

Also the changes to the control point maps (they now use 1-100 as a %, whichever team has the highest % wins the control point, rather than a draw) is pretty massive.

Playing with Randoms yesterday I got all achievements but for the highest level, Expert took me a good 10 games or so to finish, mostly it is luck in matchmaking, getting paired with people who can play each of the four rolls properly. I am playing with my mates today, so hoping I can finish the last achievement.

Not the biggest fan of the skins this time around.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

emwearz wrote:The biggest thing from this update is the change to SR multipliers on win/loss streaks. They have removed the multiplier until a much higher streak and it has been toned down.

After awhile of playing it should put people more in line with where they should be, no more lucky streaks putting people up through 500SR+, in which people play out of place.

Also the changes to the control point maps (they now use 1-100 as a %, whichever team has the highest % wins the control point, rather than a draw) is pretty massive.

Both of those sound extremely nice.

Dat Tracer garrison cap though.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

MrPopo wrote:

Dat Tracer garrison cap though.

There are a few I don't mind. I have 3 at the moment and have almost 5,000 in points to buy another few that I miss out on towards the end. I much prefer the Blackwatch skins over the Overwatch ones. They are all pretty much standard blue skins with a different piece of head-ware, though, nice head-ware.

Also I have got the OR15A skin 3 times now, so heartbreaking to see a orange fly out of a loot box just to see it again.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So I am thinking of giving this a shot later this week, what with the Double XP weekend :) Hoping that'll be a good chance to level up lots of stuff quickly...

Anyone have a line on a good price for a code? Any starter tips you'd reccomend?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Starter tips; pay attention to the objectives and stick together with your team. I'd recommend trying out each hero that looks interesting to you in the practice range so you can get a basic feel for things like how their weapons and abilities handle; while you still will need some real game experience it at least gives you a start.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:? Any starter tips you'd reccomend?

get on the fucking payload.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:? Any starter tips you'd reccomend?

get on the fucking payload.

is that Overwatch's version of "hold Objective A, B, C"?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Have you ever played Team Fortress 2? It's the same thing as the Payload maps there.

There's three basic map types. The first is king of the hill. The second is assault, which is "capture point A, then capture point B" with a fixed attacker and defender. The third is payload, which is "the payload moves as you stand next to it, and you need to push it all the way to the end".
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I'd also recommend learning how to play at least one character of the 3 main types. A team where everyone is a DPS attacker is a team that dies a lot and has no fun. Being able to play a tank or healer means a better team.

Easier characters to play as if you want a simple learning curve to start. Most of these are easy to pick up even if they're harder to master:

DPS:
Reaper
Mei
Soldier 76

Tank:
D.Va
Reinhardt

Healer:
Mercy
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So probably no place to get this for less than the $40 that Blizzard sells it for through their frontend?