How is your Saturn gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

Post by Reprise »

I think this is the millionth time I have had to defend Nights, so all I'm going to say is the game is damn addictive, fun and unique.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

You know, I see why people like Nights. I don't see why people see it as one of the best games on the Saturn. It's a good game. It's just not particularly deep and it lacks the replay value I'd really like out of a game built around speed-running and collecting. It gets repetitive VERY fast.

I always kept it around for the music.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
MulishaSoldier929
32-bit

Post by MulishaSoldier929 »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:You know, I see why people like Nights. I don't see why people see it as one of the best games on the Saturn. It's a good game. It's just not particularly deep and it lacks the replay value I'd really like out of a game built around speed-running and collecting. It gets repetitive VERY fast.

I always kept it around for the music.

Although overall the game was short, the replay value(for me) was in trying to get all "A's" on every course and then trying to top my high score. The better I became at playing the game, the more fun I had.

Yeah, the game does have a fantastic musical score. Some very catchy tunes.
Beer it go good with pizza
theironmango

Post by theironmango »

I just recently got into collecting for the saturn as there are a ton of games exclusively for it which i missed. If anyone could tell me some must have hidden gems that would be appreciated.

thanks
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

theironmango wrote:I just recently got into collecting for the saturn as there are a ton of games exclusively for it which i missed. If anyone could tell me some must have hidden gems that would be appreciated.

thanks

Start here: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/best-und ... turn-games

Also, invest in an Action Replay 4M for imports. There were tons of great Saturn games that never left Japan.
theironmango

Post by theironmango »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
theironmango wrote:I just recently got into collecting for the saturn as there are a ton of games exclusively for it which i missed. If anyone could tell me some must have hidden gems that would be appreciated.

thanks

Start here: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/best-und ... turn-games

Also, invest in an Action Replay 4M for imports. There were tons of great Saturn games that never left Japan.

thanks, does the satelite card or any back up card work as well or does it have to be the action replay cause I already have a satellite card I got in a bundle?

Also which of the must have japanese games can you change the language to english or which of the games dont need you to be able to understand japanese to still have fun with the game?

thanks
rufus777
16-bit

Post by rufus777 »

Last edited by rufus777 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Shmups and Fighters! Also, Astal, but that's expensive.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Also, Astal, but that's expensive.

I had to look that price up and damn, I remember when it was a $20 and under game. I wish it was 2001 again. :lol: If only I had more disposable income back then. Of course I remember lots of gems being at $20.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

bryan_65 wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:Also, Astal, but that's expensive.

I had to look that price up and damn, I remember when it was a $20 and under game. I wish it was 2001 again. :lol: If only I had more disposable income back then. Of course I remember lots of gems being at $20.

The price seems to have come down a bit, actually, or else I just am remembering incorrectly. Coincidentally, my JP copy is coming in the mail with Golden Axe Duel. 8)