Sony WEGA CRT - HD or SD preferable for classic gaming?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
benderx
Next-Gen

Re: Sony WEGA CRT - HD or SD preferable for classic gaming?

Post by benderx »

Well I recently found a sony trinitron bvm and it seems to turn on and show menu text, but how does one hookup the gaming plugs in the back? I see BNC everywhere on the back. its has rgb(bnc) and i believe s-video (non bnc) too.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

benderx wrote:Well I recently found a sony trinitron bvm and it seems to turn on and show menu text, but how does one hookup the gaming plugs in the back? I see BNC everywhere on the back. its has rgb(bnc) and i believe s-video (non bnc) too.

You'll need an RGB SCART to BNC breakout cable.

It's a bit of a rabbit hole as well as a bit of a time and money sink, but totally worth it. You will not get better video quality than those.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Thankyou AppleQueso. It seems truly that my pvm (not bvm my bad) monitor display only in rgb mode instead of this option"rgb/component" So I might have to get that scart. TV seems to play composite okay, too bad I don't got s-video cable lying around yet. I've been looking through forums if PS 1/2 "3D games" look good on PVM monitor. My monitor has the option of sync on green eventhough I still need the scart. I've been trying to stay away from scanlines :)
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
h8b1llg8ts
128-bit

Post by h8b1llg8ts »

Just recently joined the Sony WEGA CRT club with a KV34HS420. It came into the thrift store I volunteer at and was priced at $32.50, not including my 50% discount. Sadly, it did not come with the remote but I've seen them on Ebay for a decent price.

This TV is going to be for my mid generation systems such as my Sega Saturn, Sega CDX, Neo Geo CDZ, PS2, and oXbox.

Has anyone have any feedback on this TV?
http://www.youtube.com/h8b1llg8ts

Making Love To You Was Never Second Best ...

Current set up: Onlive, 32 GB Wii U , Star Wars Edition Xbox 360, 60GB PS3, soft modded Blue Wii, Mountain Dew Edition Xbox, Indigo Gamecube w/ Gameboy Player, Neo Geo CDZ, Neo Geo X Gold, Sega Sports Edition Dreamcast, Skeleton Saturn.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Something to watch for if you need a replacement remote for the WEGA.

If your TV has two RF inputs, be sure the remote has an ANT button; the only way to gain access to that second RF input.

Does not have to be a flip top, but of this era in black or grey flat finish.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Made my rounds today during lunch and decided to take a risk on a $30 Sony Wega FD Trinitron w/ remote in immaculate condition - not a scratch.

Model: KV-32FS200

A big upgrade from my 20 FS Wega from the late 90s. Hoping my SNES will get some additional play on the larger screen.

For $30 would you have grabbed it?
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

^Yes, esp if it was pristine. Good stuff!