Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Earlier this week, I completed my 120th shrine - I saved Eventide Island for the end - and I picked up the "of the wild" armor set from the forgotten temple. I did some cooking, wrapped up a few more side quests, and equipped all of my best stuff in preparation for a raid on Hyrule Castle. At this point, I don't anticipate much a challenge, and I am looking forward to bringing this game to and end over the weekend. Wish me luck!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Do we have a definitive answer for Wii U v. Switch? Does the Switch get rid of the foggy look?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I've only played for short periods of time as of late. I haven't referred to any maps for the shrines, and have currently found about one per play session. I'm at 102 shrines and around 90-ish hours.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Do we have a definitive answer for Wii U v. Switch? Does the Switch get rid of the foggy look?

On actual hardware, the Switch version looks a little better and runs more consistently. The general look is identical between the two though. While I don't doubt that performance considerations were a factor, that foggy/washed out look is the deliberate aesthetic for the game.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, there are times I wish that haze weren't there, but it's a bit more true to life that way.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I have zero complaints or issues with the U version.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

So my wife has been playing BotW for a few weeks now. She does not do video games aside from a few casual mobile games. I think that speaks volumes for how good this game is. She didn't really get interested in it until she watched my son play. She normally ignores me when I am playing games. :lol:

I bought the DLC season pass over the weekend because I would like to play it again on hard mode. I'm also pretty hype for the new content coming in the second round of DLC coming this holiday season. This is the kind of DLC I don't mind because I feel like I got a complete game with the first purchase. I did not feel that way with FFXV...
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

FFXV is pretty much a single-player MMORPG, just with an action combat system. I enjoyed it well enough, but yeah, it's definitely not as good as Breath of the Wild.

I will also note that I didn't care for FFXII that much, either. I can see why others might, but it's not for me.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

BoTW stand alone is a complete, full game.

FFXV is about 40% complete for $60. Buy something else.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I checked my play time on this over the weekend while waiting for som TG16 games to finish downloading. I spent just over 124 hours on it, which isn't too bad when you consider that I completed all 120 shrines (and also did more than my fair share of goofing around in Hyrule). The only game where I spent more time is Dragon Quest IX.