What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Yea I'm being a bit unlucky with Zelda games. In the Ancient Ruins in Oracle of Seasons and right from the first floor it became tedious with having to mess with the spinning gate. The magnetic gloves was cool as first, but it's really just a glorified hookshot, and the 5th boss was beyond frustrating with it with how the gloves alternate. They honestly should have make the magnetic option change in the inventory rather than have it alternate. It would take a lot but it would definitely be less nitpicky. It also just lacks originality inside the dungeons. Outside of the dungeons I like its originality, but the dungeons are the bulk of it, and it's just the original zelda mixed with link's awakening.

I will start season 2 of BS Zelda soon. It will be more of the same but it should still be quite fun. Playing season 1 alone seriously blew my mind. It far surpasses the original Zelda, and I loved that one.

For some good news, Phantom Hourglass is quite fun even if it milks the DS mechanics is a very annoying way. It is a good thing for the Wii U though because using buttons at the same time might have been impossible with how you gotta position the tablet.

Still haven't gotten around to Twilight Princess again, but I will soon as the Goron Mines was one of the best dungeons in any Zelda game.

Perhaps to peak my interest again I should play one of the ones I absolutely loved in the past. I feel like if I play Skyward Sword, or the ones that don't seem too good like Spirit Tracks, the Four Swords Games, or the CDi games then I might have to hold off doing my video for a while :lol: best to keep a balance. I know that 5 Zelda games I've yet to play are amazing, and I'll borrow my partner's switch to play Cadence of Hyrule which I am REALLY looking forward to.

I did beat Freedom Fighters today. Aside from the fact that the engine of it aged so poorly, it was still quite addicting.

I did start Kim Possible: What's the Switch as I've seen it recommended here. I do enjoy the vast array of characters you play and how quickly they change, giving the levels a lot more depth, but at the same time the platforming itself just doesn't feel right. It feels way too floaty. I noticed that your character floats often when they're stuck against a wall too.

I can only play Daytona USA small batches because I get really sick of the song. Seriously, hearing blue blue skies in the beginning was just amazing, but now those lyrics haunt my mind. I am at the last course though so I should finish soon.

Still taking a break with thief, kuru kuru kururin, and descent: freespace. All of them are fantastic. I just don't wanna alternate between so many games at once. Will get on them once I beat Kim Possible, Daytona USA, and Oracle of Seasons.

I did get my pseudo saturn cartridge recently, but I'll wait until I beat these games first since I'm already playing way too much. I'll probably try Radiant Silvergun and the other two Panzer Dragoon games. After I beat a handful more I'll go back into Mass Effect 1, and probably start Sensible Soccer, and Biosys.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

You’re playing a lot of games, PH! Good luck with all of them.

I just started up Mega Man Legends (PS1). It’s a pretty adorable game that plays more like a Legend of Zelda game than a Mega Man game. That’s fine with me. I’m not very far into it yet, but I’ve read good things about this game and it’s sequel.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Yea it's hard for me to keep focus ever since my mental health issues started, so I keep a large variety of games and change them up frequently and play in 30-45 minute sessions.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

prfsnl_gmr, also heard good things about Mega Man Legends. Curious to know what your take on it is after you get through more of the game.

After playing a lot of beat 'em ups and RPGs to start the year, I've switched it up to a platformer. I'm playing through Yoshi's Island on SNES -- I got this game for Christmas shortly after it was released, but have to admit I never finished it. Hoping to finally beat it this time around, and currently in World 3.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Right now I am well through Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. It's another Gold Box-esque Advanced Dungeons & Dragons game, though this time it's set in the Dark Sun universe. What does that mean? Half-giants and Thri-keen are playable, everything is a giant desert, and psionics is a big part of the game.

I'm already at least 2/3 of the way through the game as of this posting. Levels max out at 9 for all classes, which I have reached with everyone. I have some decent gear, though I am doing some side stuff in the hopes of better armor.

Most important, however, is that I have only one village left to recruit for the big war that makes up the final battle. Yeah, the finale is a war that breaks out, and your actions determine how many allies show up to help out. It's a cool concept; we'll see how I feel at the end of the game though.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

I dunno how the hell I'm gonna beat Thief, and I've beaten the game years ago according to my steam. It's just such a nail-biting and horrifying experience. It's already atmospheric enough with the guards, so imagine when the supernatural comes in like zombies.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Gauntlet DS is pretty good. I would've really enjoyed it back in the DS days had they bothered to release the game. I guess the one consolation is that we can actually play the game for free now.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Westerado: Double Barreled

It was on Gamepass so I decided to try it out. It's a 8-bit western style adventure game. I'm really impressed. I love how you can draw your gun during conversations and the person changes their tune. I slept with Tressa (I think that was her name) and while we were talking after doing the deed, she was saying how she'd like to run away with me. I pulled my gun and she said it was a silly idea, forget she said it. hahaha!
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

@Hipster: I have been meaning to play Kim Possible forever, I look forward to reading your review when your done with it

@Prfsnl_gamer: Mega Man Legends is a tragic game for me, I was playing it when it was new and loving it, I was about 20 hours in and my memory card wiped, very demoralizing and I have been meaning to get back to it for about 20 years now, maybe one day.

I havent had much time lately so I'm still playing Pandora's tower on the wii, still absolutely love it, if I had more time I would have beaten it weeks ago.

Also started playing Men In black: Alien Crisis on the wii, it is an on rails shooter where you have some movement options, when your in combat you can jump back and forth between different cover points and use various gadgets. It is good mindless fun but far from the best the wii has to offer
Ack

Post by Ack »

PretentiousHipster wrote:I dunno how the hell I'm gonna beat Thief, and I've beaten the game years ago according to my steam. It's just such a nail-biting and horrifying experience. It's already atmospheric enough with the guards, so imagine when the supernatural comes in like zombies.

I remember at one point in the church level completely running out of gear and having to mad dash my way through to get to the end.

Fun game. Just remember, you're tougher than they are.