Amiibo!!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Amiibo!!

Post by darsparx »

^_^ Still find it weird though that Luigi has a freaking pole up his crotch though....
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Walmart put Lucina up last night right before I went to bed (Yay!). Assuming she doesn't get canceled (Boo!), and adding the Captain Falcon that Blu sent me (thank you, Blu :mrgreen: ) that means I'll have all the amiibos that I want that are currently out :o

Of course, now that I've said that, I'm sure the acquisition of Shovel Knight will become an epic pain in the a$$.

darsparx wrote:^_^ Still find it weird though that Luigi has a freaking pole up his crotch though....

I hate the design of "luge" Luigi. I mean, I know why he looks like that, but still :?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

There had to be another way to prop him up or at least a different pose they could've picked...love most of my amiibos but there's some odd choices for poses on these o_O
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

I dig the guys all chillin on the shelf, darsparx! I love the look of the chibi robo one with it's plug.

Girlfriend surprised me today with the classic color retro mario amiibo and it's easily my favorite of the one's I have. It feels way more solid than many of the others and looks cool with the pipe base.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

^ Yeah, the 30th Anniversary Mario is pretty slick. I'm kind of hoping they do some more pixel style figures.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Czernobog wrote:I dig the guys all chillin on the shelf, darsparx! I love the look of the chibi robo one with it's plug.

Girlfriend surprised me today with the classic color retro mario amiibo and it's easily my favorite of the one's I have. It feels way more solid than many of the others and looks cool with the pipe base.

See and with how I wooly yoshi it actually looked funny too, kinda looked like ROB is giving him the evil eye for some odd reason....though I really want that 30th mario though...either version just because he looks awesome(just hate the price tag attached to him and the game...)
My gameroom

Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Michi wrote:^ Yeah, the 30th Anniversary Mario is pretty slick. I'm kind of hoping they do some more pixel style figures.

I noticed something interesting the other day, it's somewhat related to this thought.

Nintendo appears to be making the amiibo packaging uniform in depth per franchise.
So, considering the depths they have so far, you may get an idea of what they plan on releasing. (The Smash Bros. series needs to accommodate figures like Bowser and Mewtwo).

If you notice, the Wooly World and 30th Anniversary series' have shallower depth packaging. Leads me to believe, they aren't going to make any additional figures for them that exceed that. So, something like a Voxel Bowser is likely out of question, unless they made it the same size as the Mario ones. Same deal with Toadstool, I believe she appeared a little taller than Mario in SMB.

At least those are my musings.
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

HORI will be making a amiibo card folio, up for preorder on amazon. $10 and holds $112 cards

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171R ... ge_o00_s00
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

girlracer wrote:HORI will be making a amiibo card folio, up for preorder on amazon. $10 and holds $112 cards

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171R ... ge_o00_s00

Geez even though I could use my already exsistent baseball cards I think that looks like a better solution...

The One piece super grand battle is freaking awesome...I suddenly need that game now :shock:
My gameroom

Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Here's some awesomeness that I'm sure will be appreciated.

Crono and I had a trade in the works for some animal crossing cards. Got this awesome paper craft project in my envelope, containing three AC cards I needed.Image

Pretty sweet! It's on my shelf above my Amiibo figures now.