Dark Souls III

Level up here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls III

Post by noiseredux »

crap, I don't think I put in a name. Maybe that was it.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:crap, I don't think I put in a name. Maybe that was it.

This is Dark Souls.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

noise died before he even died.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

So I'm at the last boss right now and he's pretty much crushing me. Time for some grind.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Kidpanda wrote:So I'm at the last boss right now and he's pretty much crushing me. Time for some grind.

What's your build? I ended up going Havel's Shield + Uchigatana and then dropped my equipment low enough for medium rolls. The shield has a high enough fire resist that it didn't suck to block, and it's stability is amazing, so again, it doesn't suck to block. The boss can be hit with bleeds, which is a good chunk of damage. Bleed is quite good in this game against bosses/beefy mobs that can be hit by it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Dark Souls III

Post by Kidpanda »

I did a high Str/Vit build. I started as a depraved so I could have base stats. My equip load is 46% which allows me some major rolling going on. I use a +10 dark sword and a +10 twin dragon great shield. The shield only weighs 7 lbs and allows me to block pretty much any attack outside of a boss. Red eye knights? They bounce off my shield and get punished. I did have to load on a heavy duty set of armor with the last boss I fought due to the actions that the boss takes. But other than that only a couloir of bosses have given me fits.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You don't really need fast rolls on the final boss; as long as your equip load is below 70% your rolls will be fast enough for him.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

I'm pretty sure there's no difference in rolling between 30% and 70%. Under 30% only increases the distance of the roll and not the invincibility frames I've heard.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

first rule is that we're not supposed to talk about this: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... ore-364079
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

LOL!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.