Together Retro: X-COM: UFO Defense

Join in on our classic gaming club!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Together Retro: X-COM: UFO Defense

Post by fastbilly1 »

That is what I like to hear. Ill be picking that one up then.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

noiseredux wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Do tell Noise, is it hot swap, single cart, or multi cart? I see a copy at my local stores occasionally.

1 cart, 1 GBA -- players take turns.

(AKA so perfect for the GBPlayer).

2gamers1cart.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

And to tie all of this together: Jullian Gollop, the creator of Xcom and Rebelstar, is a big fan of Advance Wars:
I first played Nintendo's Advance Wars a couple of years ago, and I was hooked immediately. It was my kind of game -- a classic and addictive turn-based strategy game. Normally such games are regarded as the preserve of "grognards" who are essentially the Uber-geeks of the game playing world. Fortunately, Intelligent Systems (Advance Wars' developer) had created a very well-designed and accessible system which blew away all those preconceptions about stuffy turn-based strategy titles. So thank you, Advance Wars, for making such games possible on a great platform like GBA. I was also a great fan of Fire Emblem, with its greater emphasis on role-playing and story. Despite these influences, Rebelstar is distinctly different, and those of you who have played the original X-Com will probably be most familiar with the tactical battle system we have developed for this game.

The rest of the article can be found here:
http://gba.gamespy.com/gameboy-advance/ ... 957p1.html

And before you ask, no I am not sure how I found this. I was looking for the best way to power level my COs in Advance Wars DS without playing the campaign a dozen times...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that's awesome fast. I'm totally gonna have to get me some Advance Wars. I love turn based strategy stuff.