Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Ziggy

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by Ziggy »

Well, I have a copy of Star Ocean up for sale in the BST forums. It's only one copy but I can make one for any one that's interested. I gotta put off buying supplies for Star Fox 2 for another week though.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

When you say buying supplies, I take it you mean the doner carts, as I assume you have the chips on hand that you use for Star Ocean.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

MrPopo wrote:When you say buying supplies, I take it you mean the doner carts, as I assume you have the chips on hand that you use for Star Ocean.

Well they actually use two different chips, but I don't have any on hand anyways. But by supplies I mainly mean the donor carts and EPROMs. More annoying though, 30 gauge wire...

I don't know if you saw my Radio Shack hate thread, but basically I had a spool of 30 gauge wire I got from a few years back, never used much of it. The repro's ate it up fast, so I ordered 3 more spools of it (one in each color they have) but the wire absolutely SUCKS now! It simply refuses to take to solder, so I can't use it. For some reason 30 gauge wire is hard to find. There's a few online stores that I found similar to Radio Shack, I was gonna order off one of them, hopefully it'll just be normal 30 gauge wire that doesn't suck.

edit (8/5/09): I ordered the supplies, I'm waiting for it all to come in.
OMorty
24-bit

Post by OMorty »

If you ever get around to making English Rockman & Forte repros, how much would it cost for one? I'm very interested...very.

But repros have always interested me, lol.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I would be able to make one for you, but I wouldn't be able to quote a price since I haven't made one yet. I would have to look into it to see how much it costs in parts.
SnowKitty
Next-Gen

Post by SnowKitty »

if you figure out what's needed for an english rockman&forte repro would you be able to burn and sell me the EEPROM(s) im thinking about converting my jap cart into a translated one. though i might just use a sports game as a donor instead lol
need console mods or repairs? check my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37236
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The EPROMs I ordered to make Star Fox 2 carts with came in the mail today, and even though I was home, it wasn't delivered (they have to be signed for). USPS really pisses me off sometimes. Now I have to wait until Monday to get them.

edit: Alright, I feel kinda stupid. The 74LS139 is used to switch between the four EPROMs (duh, lol). I don't know what I was thinking.

I'm think I'm going to stop ordering my EPROMs from my current supplier. They take too long to come from China and it takes even longer if it doesn't get delivered on the first day. Mouser carries everything I need, and I hear they're very good. My friend also turned me on to this site Allied Electronics which he knows of from his internship. This site is like Radio Shack as a little lizard, then got hit with radiation and turned into Godzilla. They carry *everything*
Last edited by Ziggy on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Just wanted to give everyone an update....

I realized it became very hard to keep track of everyone's wants. I decided to keep a written ledger. It became too hard to go through this thread and my PM box to find the info. If you posted here or PM'ed me about something and it's been a while or I never got back to you, send me another PM now and I'll add you to my written ledger.

I've ordered some parts to continue making more games but I haven't ordered the EPROMs yet. I found a seller on eBay that I can get them for cheaper but they didn't specify the speed. I'm just waiting to hear back from them before I order. edit: 45ns, I ordered them. Now I just have to wait for every thing to come in the mail :x

I'll be making a few more Star Fox 2 carts to fill some requests but also my first Secret of Mana 2 cart. A lot of people expressed interest in this one, so I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I get one working.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Oh man, I would kill for a Starfox 2 cartridge! I wish I had the resources and time to make my own...
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Just to give every one that is waiting for a game an update...

My EPROMs finally came in, but as luck would have it, my only PC with a parallel port (which I need for the EPROM programmer) decided to take a dump.

I do have several spare computers with parallel ports, but they're all no more than 500MHz PIII's, so I'll only go for one of those as a last resort. I think I have a Dimension 8250 that I can parts together, I'm going to try and do that today.

So if any of you are getting antsy to get your game, sorry for the delay.