Re: WELL THIS IS INTERESTING.. Retron 5

Post by FerretGamer »

I've been dying for a Game Gear clone!
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I know Seven was looking into a Game Gear console a while back.
marurun

Post by marurun »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:As a wise mand once said: "You haven't really lived until you have played Trevor McFur with an Intellivision controller."

I would LOL, but the logistics of this are making my brain hurt. Intelliguar? Jaguavision?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

FerretGamer wrote:I've been dying for a Game Gear clone!

They invented that in 2010.
Yes, it's officially licensed by Sega; Yes, that means it's at@games; no, it's not perfect quality.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

I know about that one; however, I'm talking about a clone that actually takes the cartridges. I could emulate Gamegear on anything, but I can't use my cartridges on anything.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Darn, I was hoping they threw in a 7800/2600 clone when I saw it was bumped to 5. Famicom seems kind of silly, they could have just threw a pin converter into the box.

The controller looks goofy but it's still got ports for original ones so that's fine.

Looking at that site with all the features leads me to assume that unlike previous clones this thing will be completely software emulation. No hardware cloning going on here. It remains to be seen how well this is going to work. If nothing else with the shaders they're using it might be a good option for playing old games on new TVs without them looking abysmal.

Doesn't seem like a good choice for people who want an experience authentic to the original consoles, but really what clone is?
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Those hoping for atari / Game Gear / master system ports may be out of luck. Here's what one developer had to say:

SlashDot wrote:“We would love to support the old systems like Atari, Sega Master System, maybe even Game Gear, but those pin connectors don’t exist,” Lee said. “And to develop one, it’s just not [cost-effective] at the moment. So we have to stick with these consoles, which already have pin connectors in the market.

Check out the full article here.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

It has a slot for Famicom games?!

I will buy this.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:It has a slot for Famicom games?!

I will buy this.

Same.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

samsonlonghair wrote:Those hoping for atari / Game Gear / master system ports may be out of luck. Here's what one developer had to say:

SlashDot wrote:“We would love to support the old systems like Atari, Sega Master System, maybe even Game Gear, but those pin connectors don’t exist,” Lee said. “And to develop one, it’s just not [cost-effective] at the moment. So we have to stick with these consoles, which already have pin connectors in the market.

Check out the full article here.

Just use the Power Base Converter. (If it works).
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.