Guardian Heroes

Brawlers and Beatemups
Flake

Re: Guardian Heroes

Post by Flake »

Kevman wrote:Still have yet to play this game. Been tossing around the idea of modding my Saturn since buying this game is out of the question for me. After what I've seen this should be good. Treasure hasn't put out a game I didn't like.

One question, I know there is 6 player versus mode but what about the actual story mode? How many players is that?

Just two players with a choice of 4 characters for the first run through, and 5 for subsequent run throughs. The Golden Warrior is still present, effectively making your team 3 warriors for most of the game.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

FOR REAL
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I played around with the XBLA version of this a little bit recently and I think it's an amazing port. Unless you're one of those guys hung up on the new translation, there's not much reason to play the Saturn original over this for any reason other than nolstalgia. Though I do hate using the 360 controller for a game like this. It just doesn't seem up to the task

Aside from that though, it's pretty awesome. You get the original plus a cool remix mode with improvements to gameplay and graphics. It's awesome playing this on a good, modern flatscreen too. I think this game sets a pretty good standard for how to do enhanced HD ports of old classics properly

I got my ass kicked pretty hard. It's easy to forget how frikking fast everything happens in this game. You blink and half your health bar has just been raped away by some random enemy. I started doing a little better as I remembered all of Nicole's little tricks. She still owns this game, but damn I wish I had a Saturn pad to play this on.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I stopped playing Guardian Heroes on a pad a long time ago. Try it out with an arcade stick if you have one. A six button traditional street fighter layout is all you need.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

wip3outguy7 wrote:I stopped playing Guardian Heroes on a pad a long time ago. Try it out with an arcade stick if you have one. A six button traditional street fighter layout is all you need.

Yeah, those things seem kind of pricey. Plus, I've always been more of a D-pad guy anyway. I think this game would play better for me with a PS3 controller, but they opted to release this as a 360 exclusive. I actually like seeing exclusives. It's such a rare thing these days, I just wished they had picked the PS3 instead LOL. I'll keep an eye out for any deals on an arcade stick. It's not a d-pad, but it still beats the 360 controller.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Gamerforlife wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:I stopped playing Guardian Heroes on a pad a long time ago. Try it out with an arcade stick if you have one. A six button traditional street fighter layout is all you need.

Yeah, those things seem kind of pricey. Plus, I've always been more of a D-pad guy anyway. I think this game would play better for me with a PS3 controller, but they opted to release this as a 360 exclusive. I actually like seeing exclusives. It's such a rare thing these days, I just wished they had picked the PS3 instead LOL. I'll keep an eye out for any deals on an arcade stick. It's not a d-pad, but it still beats the 360 controller.

Try out the Mad Catz pads or even the PDP Microswitch pad. They should work well with Guardian Heroes.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

The PDP fighter pad is awesome. It has the clicky thumbstick reminiscent of the NGCD controllers, and a 6 button layout. You can get them brand-new at GS for 15 bucks.

It's all I use to play fighters and shmups on 360. I even use it for MAME as well.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Gamerforlife wrote:

I've got a cheap WWE Brawl Stick from Mad Catz. It's basically a slightly better version of their standard edition SFIV stick and it's only around $30 on Amazon. It's extremely good for the price and mindlessly easy to mod with higher quality parts later down the line.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Gunstar Green wrote:I've got a cheap WWE Brawl Stick from Mad Catz. It's basically a slightly better version of their standard edition SFIV stick and it's only around $30 on Amazon. It's extremely good for the price and mindlessly easy to mod with higher quality parts later down the line.

what do you mean it's slightly better than the SF4 stick? It's the same thing. Same body, same buttons, same stick.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

noiseredux wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I've got a cheap WWE Brawl Stick from Mad Catz. It's basically a slightly better version of their standard edition SFIV stick and it's only around $30 on Amazon. It's extremely good for the price and mindlessly easy to mod with higher quality parts later down the line.

what do you mean it's slightly better than the SF4 stick? It's the same thing. Same body, same buttons, same stick.

It has muscular men on the front?