What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
cyborc
32-bit

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

Post by cyborc »

dsheinem wrote:I just finished the Killzone 3 campaign and posted my thoughts here. I really don't understand some of the reviews which pan the plot and the single player, i thought the plot was fun, the characters well realized and voice acted, and the gameplay intense and varied. Anyone else give it a spin yet?

I finished the Killzone 3 campaign a few days ago and I agree with everything you said. The voice acting was much better than it was in Killzone 2. I tried to go back and finish the Killzone 2 campaign after beating 3 but I almost found it unplayable because KZ3's controls were waaaay better.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Recently finished Borderlands. It was sort of addictive despite being primitive. Terrible ending but at least I was expecting it.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ditto. I loved Borderlands, but that ending was insanely bad. Anticlimactic. :lol:
Auron_Amarth
16-bit

Post by Auron_Amarth »

Medal of Honor Underground. Man I really love the music in this series.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Bulleststorm on the PC, Did not think I would be enjoying this as much as I am, very fun so far.
Ack

Post by Ack »

So I ran across an FPS from 1998 today in a thrift store called Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter. It was complete and cost a $1, but as I had more pressing concerns at the time (a buddy was locked out of his car in a nearby parking lot, so I was looking for a wire coat hanger), I didn't pick it up.

So what I want to know is, has anybody ever played it, and what should I expect? I love FPS and would like to pick up a new one, as I've beaten most of my PC FPS games, but I'm hesitant as I've never heard of this one and don't want something along the lines of a Cabella hunting game.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

I borrowed Borderlands from my brothers collection while he is in boot camp. I want to play Killzone , but I need to finish the first two games.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I'm actually messing around with Metal Arms:Glitch in the System on the Xbox a bit. Wasn't digging it at first as per usual when I play a shooter, but it has a charm that is winning me over
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Finally got around to trying out the first Crysis yesterday - I played through much of the first level and was fairly unimpressed. Can anyone give me a compelling reason to see it through instead of tackling a different FPS that I have sitting on my shelf (e.g. Wolfenstein 2009, the original Far Cry, Painkiller, Timeshift, Perfect Dark Zero, No One Lives Forever, etc.)?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

There isn't really much reason to play it if you haven't been enjoying it yet. The story is standard sub-par fare and the suit gimmick gets old real quick (and isn't especially fun in the first place). The only thing that really stands are the once benchmark visuals, but they're nothing too incredible today. I hear Crysis 2 is a lot better.

I highly, highly suggest Painkiller though. That game is so much fun.