How is your Saturn gaming going?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: How is your Saturn gaming going?

Post by samsonlonghair »

SamTheHuman wrote:New to the racket-boy forums have a pretty nice collection for the Saturn(Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragonforce, Magical Knight Rayearth, The legend of Oasis, and some others). Unfortunately I don't have a good memory card and I don't have the time to play through some of my collection in one sitting. Pretty neat story how i got the collection, the Saturn wasn't even on my radar before i got it. Have had a lot of fun with some of the other games in my collection and what I've played of those with longer stories.

Welcome to the forum, SamThe Human.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

played some SF Alpha 2 last night. I've been just randomly playing a single credit and trying to use diff characters (AKA "not just Chun-Li") lately. Usually a credit only gets me to around stage 3 or 4. Though I don't really understand all the Alpha 2 mechanics. What's this about holding down combinations of 2 punches and a kick or something? I should prob RTFM, huh?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

noiseredux wrote:played some SF Alpha 2 last night... Though I don't really understand all the Alpha 2 mechanics. What's this about holding down combinations of 2 punches and a kick or something?

Sigh... you are referring to the Custom Combo system. It's really the single biggest, most significant mechanic in the game and what makes Alpha 2 so good.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

2 new games have been added to my Saturn Library this week. Two US titles. One is Bug. A very charming game. Picked it up for pretty cheap. I had fun with it!
The other game is SF Alpha 1. Feels like overpayed for this one a bit but I bought it simply out of curiosity and I guess to finally have every Alpha/Zero game release on the Saturn now. I don't like Alpha 1. It's a broken, lazy mess of a fighter. With that said tho, this version on the system is a quality port. Played this and PS1 port for comparison. I've had my fill of SF Alpha 1 for one night :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Bug is def fun. It's also one of few Saturn games I can say that I see in the wild fairly often.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Can anyone recommend me any decent sports games for the Saturn? Like which version is of World Series is the best? Also best football, basketball, hockey, soccer etc.
want to think of getting sports games to play
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I would imagine the last World Series title is the best here. I have all three but haven't spent enough time to compare.

NBA Action '98 is the best for hoops - that team went on to do the 2K series on Dreamcast. The Saturn has nice NBA Jam ports with T.E. and Extreme.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Is the Japanese version of Burning Rangers an adequate way to play the game? I hear it makes the navigation system in the game unusable, but is the game still playable and worth while? Considering picking up being that the US version is, well, you know..
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

finally tied up Albert Odyssey - good for a b-tier RPG, don't know that i'd pay $100+ for it in 2k16 but during that pre/just post FF VII rpg glut we had forever, i likely would've dug it a bit more

Ghudda wrote:Is the Japanese version of Burning Rangers an adequate way to play the game? I hear it makes the navigation system in the game unusable, but is the game still playable and worth while? Considering picking up being that the US version is, well, you know..

finally beat this one recently...you may need a guide, instructions are given over the radio! i imagine it can be done, but it'd be a bit frustrating. but yeah, the US price is insane now so it's a reasonable question
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Just got my action replay in the mail. Have vampire savior and dead or alive and these games are fantastic. Will eventually pick up some great 2d imports it's soooo much cheaper and for me I don't care if it's complete. Disc only works fine for me