Together Retro: Lunar Silver Star

Join in on our classic gaming club!
peglegs
16-bit

Post by peglegs »

im on the gba and i just met the blue dragon
im like right around 8 hours gba=real real short
i think i could be done in about 15 hours but im moving tomorrow and i have to leave my computer here so i am going to have to start all over hopefully on sega cd or psx at the very least

my favorite line so far was from luna to nall
"nall get that horny look off your face"
xraydash
32-bit

Re: Progress report!

Post by xraydash »

marurun wrote:Alright everyone, progress report! How far into the game are you at this point? Can you tell us how you feel about the game so far without too many spoilers?

Just played some more (psx version.) Now I'm stuck at the Cave of Trials. Freakin' hard! I have save points at the boss, about halfway through, and at the beginning. Tried that giant mushroom dude a good half dozen times and can't beat him because Alex runs out of MP. I need to start again at the halfway point and make sure he's full up before taking on the boss because otherwise I don't think it's possible.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

marurun wrote:Alright everyone, progress report! How far into the game are you at this point? Can you tell us how you feel about the game so far without too many spoilers?

I just got out of the very first town in the SegaCD version, but I'm thinking about jumping to the GBA version for convenience.

Just got off the ship in the pSX version... gona go sell the diamond.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
peglegs
16-bit

Post by peglegs »

I just got out of the very first town in the SegaCD version, but I'm thinking about jumping to the GBA version for convenience.

didnt see that second part of that question. well since i am playing on the gba and have played all versions of this game i would have to say to all of the people who have only played this game on the gba you are missing out on what this game is really suposed to be. lunar legend feels very unpolished and is missing the charm it had... sorry has in the other versions. i cant really rip the game a new one like i want to because i dont want to drop any spoilers but very large parts of the storyline are missing and then pop up like they have been there and dont make any sense if you havent played the real game already. this is most likely due to the limitations of the hardware but i just feel like im getting the shaft on a great game.

the part that upsets me the most is the fact that the lunar series isnt as known as final fantasy or dragon quest and to bring out a half assed version of the original to a new batch of gamers that probably wont enjoy it is going to result in poor sales which in turn is most likely i am guessing the reason the U.S. (maybe the world) will never truly see a real lunar sequel. my two cents and yes i know they made one for the ds also but that wasnt that great mind you. im am talking about a sequel to eternal blue
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I haven't played the "real thing" so far but I intend to. As I made a trip I'm keeping up on the GBA.
I stopped right before a boss fight, in the Volcano. I was doing the bosses, they were being quite sturdy and I had to turn off. I think (hope) one of the two was about to croak, as I was pummeling it for a while already!

Ivo.
neoclasic
8-bit

Post by neoclasic »

with 7:19 hours of gameplay (I lost my way a bit too often) I defeat the DragonMaster of Lann. My level is 19 for Alex and Luna and 17 for Nash.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Outside the first town, everyone leveled up many times on the Sega CD. I had to do some menial task and just held down the button and one of the directions.
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

I haven't made any progress since my last post. I'm offshore now so my time is limited, but I plan on playing some more tonight after work.
pompeyparsons
32-bit

Post by pompeyparsons »

I'm echoing the sentiments of many before me but I'm having a hell of a time getting into this game. I'm just past 3:10 game hours and I'm not feeling it at all.

I'm going to give it a few more hours of my time and if it still doesn't hook me I'm going to put it down.

Should be noted I'm using the GBA version.
Hiryu76
8-bit

Post by Hiryu76 »

Alright. I finished the Sega CD version last night. I have mixed feelings about this game now, the last time I played it was when it came out on SCD. I would from time to time think about going back to it and had conversations with a couple friends one of which always says that he felt that the original SegaCD version was better than the PSX version. Well I think for me, the retro goggles clouded my view of the SegaCD version. While I had some fun with it, I found myself thinking things like, 'wow I don't remember being so annoyed with the inventory system' and 'I can coast through most battles just using "AI" huh'. I don't deny it still has a special spot in my gaming past, but I think this is one that has fonder memories for me in the past than the replay gave me.

On a side note, I was around level 63-65 when I finished it, and I didn't think the final battles were too tough. I was dreading them as I got closer, but I think I was thinking of Eternal Blue's boss battles. AGH!