Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection

Post by CD AGES »

I don't give a shit about the ports that are included, inferior quality or not. As for the PSN stuff, I already have SF II Turbo Remix, but it will be cool to get a free code for SF III Online plus the DLC (whatever it even is).

The inferior quality ports (SFA 1,2,3) are PSN stuff :?:

Yes I have HD Remix as well, but i will be purchasing it again on an actual retail disk via Capcom Digital Collection on 360.

I'm sure the 3S online DLC is composed of addition sprite color palletes, music selection from previous SF3 games and what not...
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

The inferior quality ports (SFA 1,2,3) are PSN stuff

Shame there isn't any net play with the PSOne ports. I don't see an HD re-release of the Alpha series coming, but would be awesome.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

retrosportsgamer wrote:
The inferior quality ports (SFA 1,2,3) are PSN stuff

Shame there isn't any net play with the PSOne ports. I don't see an HD re-release of the Alpha series coming, but would be awesome.

I feel like Alpha 3 deserves the same HD online-enabled treatment that IITurbo and Third Strike received. But you never know, with the MSH and MvC ones coming, I guess it's not out of the question.

DARKSTALKERS! DARKSTALKERS! DARKSTALKERS!
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I think it's awesome that, for once, the anniversary box is filled with games rather than a bunch of stuff people throw in their closets to never look at again. Sure, the PS2 anthology would be preferable to PSN downloads, but if I could I'd jump on this in an instant.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I feel like Alpha 3 deserves the same HD online-enabled treatment that IITurbo and Third Strike received. But you never know, with the MSH and MvC ones coming, I guess it's not out of the question.

Looks like the next title to receive an HD re-release may be Capcom CPS3 Jojo's Bizarre adventure.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CD AGES wrote:

Looks like the next title to receive an HD re-release may be Capcom CPS3 Jojo's Bizarre adventure.

yeah I saw that on Joystiq this week. Was kind of bummed. I mean, it's cool that they're going obscure. But Darkstalkers (Chaos Tower) would make so much more sense -- there's characters already familiar in other Capcom Vs games. :\
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

yeah I saw that on Joystiq this week. Was kind of bummed. I mean, it's cool that they're going obscure. But Darkstalkers (Chaos Tower) would make so much more sense -- there's characters already familiar in other Capcom Vs games. :\

Well I for one look forward to it. The game was way overlooked the first time which is a shame. Maybe a re-release may prove lucrative for the ol fighter.

With respects to Chaos Tower. NO! It either Savior or nothing!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

brunoafh wrote:I may as well throw my 2 cents in on this too.

I don't give a shit about the ports that are included, inferior quality or not. As for the PSN stuff, I already have SF II Turbo Remix, but it will be cool to get a free code for SF III Online plus the DLC (whatever it even is).

I already own SSF IV and SF IV AE, but only a few of DLC costumes, but it will be great to have all of them. I can sell both on Amazon right now though and get about $20 out of them. Street Fighter x Tekken I don't own, and my main gripe with it was half the roster being DLC. In my eyes this is the re-release including the DLC I've been waiting for, so that's awesome.

The blu-rays honestly sound pretty cool to me. I'll surely check out this documentary, and the Street Fighter II anime stuff is hilarious. Most probably don't care it but I got a kick out of it back in the day and wouldn't mind owning it on blu-ray.

The light up statue seems awesome, not much else to say. I'll have it on display on my figurine stand next to my console set up. The box also looks cool, that'll be on display as well. The belt is kind of whatever though.

The soundtrack, sounds fucking sweet. Street Fighter has my favorite fighting game soundtrack aside from Guilty Gear/BlazBlue, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what exactly is on these 11-disks. I really enjoyed listening through the KoF OST that came with XIII.

So all in all I think the value is very much there and I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Sure, a compilation disk with some of the SF games on it would have been nice, but I mean cmon there is already tons of content here and at least there are the redeem vouchers. If there weren't even the redeem vouchers I guarantee people would be bitching about that too. You can get the PS2 compilations for very cheap anyway.

Yeah, I definitely agree!! 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Flake

Post by Flake »

I remember clearly a few years ago when the Street Fighter series had basically been given up for dead. We would have given anything for a sign of life from the franchise.

Now we get what is easily one of the most comprehensive collections of all time and people complain. Oh well.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

noiseredux wrote:
CD AGES wrote:

The reason Jojo is getting released is most likely to hype the new game and new series that're coming out soon.