World is Falling Apart Thread (Locked forever)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: World is Falling Apart Thread (Be nice;stop changing tit

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

CRTGAMER wrote:The sorry excuse it is for the name of charity or whatever agenda is absolute crap since the organization workers take home "Administrative Costs" tax exempt paychecks.

No. They don't. This is completely false. (My wife works for the American Red Cross. She pays taxes on her income like everyone else.)

I mean...seriously? You're demonizing people who work for non-profits. I have no idea where you get this crazy information, and your aggressive ignorance is simply intolerable. I enjoy your posts in other threads, but all you do here is perpetuate misinformation, parrot Donald Trump's twitter account, and, quite honestly, embarrass yourself. Please...stop.

He won't. Trying to talk sense into CRT on these issues is "like trying to argue with a dining room table."

As I have learned, however, you don't win an argument by convincing your opponent you're right. You win an argument by convincing everyone else that you're right (and, by implication, that your opponent is wrong). I don't have the time or energy to respond to all of the misinformation that CRT posts in this thread, but from other member's responses, I think it is pretty clear that he isn't winning anyone over.
marurun

Post by marurun »

CRTGAMER wrote:Wait, a group of Lawers suing are a Non-Profit organization exempt from paying taxes?! One thing that really needs abolished is the status of Nonprofit. The sorry excuse it is for the name of charity or whatever agenda is absolute crap since the organization workers take home "Administrative Costs" tax exempt paychecks.

You don't know a damn thing about how non-profits work, do you? I have been in and around non-profits (and for-profits) for a long time, and your objections to non-profits are largely baseless nonsense.

CRTGAMER wrote:As to that frivolous lawsuit it will go nowhere. Federal conflicts of interest law do not apply to presidents, yet President Trump has already turned ownership to his children. He did not have to do this and has even set any money from foreign guests in his hotels go to the U.S. Treasury.

The Emolument Clause is in the Constitution. A mere federal law cannot amend the Constitution. So while the president may be exempt from conflicts of interest, he is NOT exempt from the prohibition on receiving foreign enrichment. As such, the lawsuit is not frivolous, but a highly relevant Constitutional question which must be answered in court.

Consider yourself newly enlightened. I eagerly await how you will recant in light of this new information.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I motion that we block such posts. It helps with the scrolling on the pages y'all. I don't see it as censorship, but given that it is increasingly hard to sort out where CRT's plausible and defensible points of view are in the wall of text responses versus what's misinformation, I feel like this would be a constructive way to move forward.

I find it increasingly tasteless how Trump's delicate ego continues to be. Whether he brings up his crowd sizes of his inaugurations, how illegals voted (a person with even a reasonable understanding of provisional votes knows that a fraudulent provisional vote is not counted, thus proving this outlandish idea to be untrue). I mean, it seems at this point his agenda is to really have us question our own reality. His biggest platform issue is the reformulation of fact and truth. He is the greatest threat to our first amendment rights. By nature, isn't that gaslighting? The man needs to be running the fucking country.
Last edited by Blu on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Guys, I think he just wants to see the Green Bay Packers abolished.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ack wrote:Guys, I think he just wants to see the Green Bay Packers abolished.

Don't we all?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

CRT, why are you ignoring my question?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I disagree with blocking the posts. I think if it's something that you don't agree with, do what I started doing, just ignore it. I see posts all the time from our more liberal patrons that I don't agree with (and quite a few that I don't agree with from CRT, too!), but I just keep on scrollin'.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

dsheinem wrote:CRT, why are you ignoring my question?

Dave, you failed, because now you will only get an answer to this question and that answer will be, "I answered what I thought you did even though it had nothing to do with what you said because I can't be wrong about my pile of orange goo."
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I wonder if the folks I see online and IRL who are seriously on about the "NOT MY PRESIDENT" thing realize they look just as stupid as the morons who did it to Obama or Bush Jr or whoever.

Also blocking posts is weak shit. Either everyone gets to post in this festering trash heap of a thread, or we kill it and nobody does.
marurun

Post by marurun »

TSTR wrote:I wonder if the folks I see online and IRL who are seriously on about the "NOT MY PRESIDENT" thing realize they look just as stupid as the morons who did it to Obama or Bush Jr or whoever.

Don't entirely agree with you, but I can see why you'd think that. They are protesting the presidential-level legitimization of lying, sexism, racism, and xenophobia that have been hallmarks of Trump's campaign rhetoric and subsequent communication with the media and the rest of the world. It's not that they don't want to acknowledge Clinton lost, it's that they want to protest some of the worst of the views espoused by the one who won.

Sarge wrote: but I just keep on scrollin'.

You should get with Limp Bizkit and make a forum video PSA.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile