Next-Gen

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appreciation thread

Post by noiseredux »

I'm planning to get it soon.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Tempting, but I'm at a crossroads with my playstation. I'll see what I'm doing with it before I buy another game for it. I need to find myself wanting to use the PS4 or I'm going to sell it because if I can't get myself to unwrap Uncharted 4 this isn't going to do it. I know it went to computer anyway and PS3 too which I still have as a movie player.

Mind you PS4 probably is a better blu ray box anyway than most stand alone especially with streaming.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

noiseredux wrote:I'm planning to get it soon.

Ditto. It looks like the best TMNT game since Turtles in Time, and I am anxiously awaiting reviews.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'd be playing it today without question if Overwatch hadn't come out yesterday. There's a good chance I'll nab it over the long weekend, though. Regardless of reviews :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I'm planning to get it soon.

Ditto. It looks like the best TMNT game since Turtles in Time, and I am anxiously awaiting reviews.

That's why I pre-ordered it. It looked fantastic, and I'm a huge Turtles fan. What I've read about it points to good things.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

because of my fandom of the franchise, I would have pre-ordered if it had gotten a physical PC release. But since it didn't it makes no sense to buy it until I have time to devote to playing.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm keeping an eye on it, but I've heard awfully mixed things. It seems to me like something I'll wait on until its cheaper, as I'm hearing there's less to it than the Platinum Transformers game, and unless I misunderstood, there's no local coop.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm keeping an eye on it, but I've heard awfully mixed things. It seems to me like something I'll wait on until its cheaper, as I'm hearing there's less to it than the Platinum Transformers game, and unless I misunderstood, there's no local coop.

unfortunately there is no local co-op. That was a huge bummer for me as well.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've played through 2/3 of the game. In three hours. It's....not a long game. It's fun, but it's not one of Platinum's better efforts. I would suggest holding off until it's cheaper, and if you're not a big fan of TMNT in general, I'm not sure I can recommend buying it at all. Don't get me wrong - it's by no means a bad game. It's just one of those games that is really only "good" if you love TMNT. Kind of like the PS2 Inuyasha or Full Metal Alchemist games; they're not bad, but you probably won't care much for them if you're not a fan of the source material. That's my take on it, anyway.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That's a bad sign of poor game design using fanboy brain chemistry to sell product that is mediocre at best which is a shame. My interest is now screaming for the $20 bin (or $10 download) pricing given your feelings on the franchise vs the game.