Emu Talk Goes Here
Unknown
8-bit

Post by Unknown »

Oh, I see. They just look very similar. o_o[/quote]
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

Oh man, I'm excited. I'm about to order the M3 DS Real + Rumble Pack + GBA Expansion pack from Gameyeeeah for $57 and I was looking on ebay at microSD cards and I can get really good deals (including an SD adaptor) http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-4gb-microSD ... dZViewItem

I'm really glad they make microSD to SD adaptors because my camera takes SD (as with the camera's for the rest of my family) and I hear the Wii takes SD cards (is there a limit to the size though?), now if only my PSP took SD instead of memory stick pro duo...er on that note is there a micro sd to memory stick pro duo adaptor?
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

molotovwars wrote:er on that note is there a micro sd to memory stick pro duo adaptor?

Probably not as Sony is a big fan of proprietary technology (so people need to buy their memory storage formats to use in their hardware :P)

On a side note, I still don't know how rumble works on DS. Anyone cares to enlighten me?

Ivo.
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

Ivo wrote:On a side note, I still don't know how rumble works on DS. Anyone cares to enlighten me?

i've been wondering the same thing...the rumble just seems useless..
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

molotovwars wrote:
Ivo wrote:On a side note, I still don't know how rumble works on DS. Anyone cares to enlighten me?

i've been wondering the same thing...the rumble just seems useless..

I'll actually expand the question:
What features of these 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 "companion" slot 2 carts to the DS slot 1 flashcarts are actually frequently useful?

The expanded memory is apparently only useful for the DS browser (is this correct?); I don't know if any DS games support rumble (I'm guessing there are some, it may even be the majority of games - I honestly haven't been keeping track). The thing that seems most useful is the ability to load GBA games in the flash carts, for example.

Ivo.
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

I just got my MicroSD for my CycloDS, this thing is amazing! Extremely easy to use, and I've had no problems with anything I've put on it so far.
andymol21
64-bit

Post by andymol21 »

What features of these 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 "companion" slot 2 carts to the DS slot 1 flashcarts are actually frequently useful?

The expanded memory is apparently only useful for the DS browser (is this correct?); I don't know if any DS games support rumble (I'm guessing there are some, it may even be the majority of games - I honestly haven't been keeping track). The thing that seems most useful is the ability to load GBA games in the flash carts, for example.

The expanded memory is only used officially for the DS browser, but can also be used in some homebrew apps, i heard that a Mega Drive (Genisis to those over the pond) emulator uses the extra RAM. Rumble, to my knowlage, is only supported by Metroid Prime Pinball, which is a very good pinball game if your into that sort of thing. So yeah it is really only useful for the GBA games, which is fine because theres no other way to do it at the moment. I would seriously recommend one just for Zelda Minish Cap and Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, much better than buying another Dogz, or Petz, or Catz, or Horsezzzzzzzzz which is all you can really buy for the DS now :x (with some notable exceptions of course)
--=We Do What We Must Because We Can=--

FS/FT Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24755&p=309811#p309811
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

andymol21 wrote:

The expanded memory is only used officially for the DS browser, but can also be used in some homebrew apps, i heard that a Mega Drive (Genisis to those over the pond) emulator uses the extra RAM. Rumble, to my knowlage, is only supported by Metroid Prime Pinball, which is a very good pinball game if your into that sort of thing. So yeah it is really only useful for the GBA games, which is fine because theres no other way to do it at the moment. I would seriously recommend one just for Zelda Minish Cap and Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, much better than buying another Dogz, or Petz, or Catz, or Horsezzzzzzzzz which is all you can really buy for the DS now :x (with some notable exceptions of course)

Here is a list of the rumble games for you all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ni ... port_games
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
andymol21
64-bit

Post by andymol21 »

Wow i was really wrong about the rumble thing! Sorry! I'm gonna have to go try those games out with rumble now. Yay!
--=We Do What We Must Because We Can=--

FS/FT Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24755&p=309811#p309811
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

A question for the posters that seem to be more in the know, I was interested in CycloDS, or one of the other cards that has real time saving (also, does the Cyclo DS get along with the 3 in 1 thingies?). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any in dealextreme, and CycloDS is out of stock in realhotstuff. Any other shops advised?

Further, which (if any) of those games that support rumble actually come with their own rumble thing? I'm guessing the Pinball one does, as it is Nintendo and high profile title.