WEEK 4: RACKET STGT: MUCHI MUCHI PORK Scores

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: WEEK 4: RACKET STGT: MUCHI MUCHI PORK Scores

Post by mjmjr25 »

Dreamt about this game last night. Woke up, playing very well, hit 8 mil by end of stage 1 (a new high for me). Lost my chain seconds in. Died at that hairy section about 12 seconds before mid-boss, died at the midboss. Died at those really easy hovercrafts right after that. Round over, didn't even hit the extend. Next run was decent, about 15mil.

Next run didn't start out as well, but still had 5.9 mil after first boss. Lost my chain midway through 2nd, but got it back pretty quickly. Played well through that stage - was able to recover the bomb I used midway through and got through the 2nd boss fully intact, though I did bomb twice.

Went into stage 3 w/4 total lives. Died once on the mid-boss pattern (was out of bombs and just got cornered). Died shortly after that (gets really tight after the mid-boss) but then I got an extend, so hit the boss w/3 total lives. Had him down I though, but he regenerated again w/an even more insane pattern.

I saved the run to my HDD, but i'm not sure how to share it, if that's even possible. Not that it's amazing or anything, but it felt good:

24,894,750 - mjmjr25 - IBH - stage 3 (boss) - 360 - Pink Piggy
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

From the ExedExes improvement file, this game by Cave will NOT send me to the grave (quite yet)

11,736,100 - ExedExes - Team NES - Stage 2 (boss) - UME

I believe I've polished up Stage 1 enough to get some good points at exit. Figuring out the best spots for points in Stage 2, and I even met the boss here. Getting somewhere.

Here are the scores after the weekend -- people need to get to it!

35,351,440 - jepjepjep - Team Smorking Area - Stage 4 - 360
24,894,750 - mjmjr25 - IRANIAN-BACKED HEZZBULLETS - Stage 3 (boss) - 360
23,652,960 - hashiriya1 - 3STooGes - Stage 3 - 360
15,115,840 - pierrot - IRANIAN-BACKED HEZZBULLETS - Stage 2 (boss) - 360
14,813,340 - SpoonyBard - Columbian Hi-Ballers - Stage 2 - 360
11,736,100 - ExedExes - Team NES - Stage 2 (boss) - UME
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Minor improvements over the weekend. Once I get hit I just fall apart, hopefully I can get over that and start posting some better scores by the end of the week.

15,342,660 - SpoonyBard - Columbian Hi-Ballers - stage 2 - 360 - Pink Piggy

Last edited by SpoonyBard on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

46,624,860 - DocHauser - Columbian Hi-Ballers - Stage 4 - UME - Momo
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Small gains:

21,704,040 - pierrot - Iranian-Backed Hezzbullets - stage 2 (boss) - X360

I don't understand why my score tables have been resetting themselves constantly on muchi muchi pork, when it hasn't once done it on Pink Sweets. (Knock on wood.) I'm glad I took a picture of this results screen, because this score didn't show up on my local leaderboard even when checking immediately after getting this score. Maybe it's just trying to tell me why I shouldn't force myself to play a game I really don't care much for. I don't know.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

pierrot wrote:
I don't understand why my score tables have been resetting themselves constantly on muchi muchi pork, when it hasn't once done it on Pink Sweets. (Knock on wood.) I'm glad I took a picture of this results screen, because this score didn't show up on my local leaderboard even when checking immediately after getting this score. Maybe it's just trying to tell me why I shouldn't force myself to play a game I really don't care much for. I don't know.

Your score won't show up on the scoreboard if you use the 'restart' option. If you want your score to count, you have to restart from the beginning of the game (from the main menu). The quick restart is for practice purposes so the score doesn't count (otherwise it would be unfair). I'm not at home right now to double-check, but I think it warns you (in Japanese) that the score won't be recorded. I know in other Cave games they warn you that 'restart' will result in you losing your ability to post to the scoreboard.

If you don't use 'restart' then you can see your score on the scoreboard after the Continue countdown timer. It won't allow you to enter your initials, though. I guess it just uses your gamertag to post to the leaderboards.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

hashiriya1 wrote:Your score won't show up on the scoreboard if you use the 'restart' option. If you want your score to count, you have to restart from the beginning of the game (from the main menu). The quick restart is for practice purposes so the score doesn't count (otherwise it would be unfair). I'm not at home right now to double-check, but I think it warns you (in Japanese) that the score won't be recorded. I know in other Cave games they warn you that 'restart' will result in you losing your ability to post to the scoreboard.

When I first started playing, I assumed I was saving a few seconds in using restart rather than dying and restarting from the main menu. After I realized (a somewhat embarrassing amount of) my scores stopped posting, I finally put two and two together and realized this was the case.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

hashiriya1 wrote:
pierrot wrote:

Your score won't show up on the scoreboard if you use the 'restart' option. If you want your score to count, you have to restart from the beginning of the game (from the main menu). The quick restart is for practice purposes so the score doesn't count (otherwise it would be unfair). I'm not at home right now to double-check, but I think it warns you (in Japanese) that the score won't be recorded. I know in other Cave games they warn you that 'restart' will result in you losing your ability to post to the scoreboard.

If you don't use 'restart' then you can see your score on the scoreboard after the Continue countdown timer. It won't allow you to enter your initials, though. I guess it just uses your gamertag to post to the leaderboards.

You misunderstand: I'm playing in Score Attack mode, and my scores are posting to the online leaderboards just fine. My local leaderboards are constantly resetting themselves to default, but only in Muchi Muchi Pork. All of my Pink Sweets scores, since creating the save file, are in tact, and I've bounced over to it in between Pork runs this week.

Also, high scores can only be posted to the online leaderboards in the Score Attack modes.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I can't believe I'm saying this about a CAVE game... I don't think I like MMP.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

If it didn't run so dang slow (even Mushihimesama ran full speed on my laptop) with the blitter rate adjusted, I'd probably like it a bit more. I've had more F3 resets (with long startups :evil:) on this one than with any game we did this month. Looks like the CHBs have it wrapped up anyway with that 46 mil.

That being said, I HATE the stage 2 boss. It takes way too long to bring down. I never thought I'd dread a boss battle so much. I believe I've hit a wall as far as scoring and progress goes with that. To all those who can get 20 mil and better, more power to you.

14,704,620 - ExedExes - Team NES - Stage 3 - UME
(yes, it reads E. because they buried the . too far back and I didn't get to it in time to put the final E in. My previous scores are still here, so this is me and it is legit)

46,624,860 - DocHauser - Columbian Hi-Ballers - Stage 4 - UME
35,351,440 - jepjepjep - Team Smorking Area - Stage 4 - 360
24,894,750 - mjmjr25 - IRANIAN-BACKED HEZZBULLETS - Stage 3 (boss) - 360
23,652,960 - hashiriya1 - 3STooGes - Stage 3 - 360
21,704,040 - pierrot - Iranian-Backed Hezzbullets - Stage 2 (boss) - 360
15,342,660 - SpoonyBard - Columbian Hi-Ballers - Stage 2 - 360
14,704,620 - ExedExes - Team NES - Stage 3 - UME
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.