YOUTUBE!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: YOUTUBE!

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I don't mind seeing ads because I like having free stuff.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I feel bad turning off or blocking ads. Often the revenue from those ads is the only reason I can get the content for free to begin with, so I feel like I'm cheating whoever runs the site/vid/whatever by turning the ads off.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

As a regular donator to groups and sites with donation programs that I regularly visit/get content from (and a patron of the Racketboy store here), I don't feel a morsel a guilt. There are dozens of sites out there that survive and have survived off donation systems for years and are completely ad-free.

I'd rather just straight up pay service fees or donate than be harassed by ads, all day any day. If someone doesn't want me viewing their content as I block their ads they can ban me from it. Fuck ads.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Care to tell me more about edited hosts files?

And yeah I feel the same. I'll certainly support sites I like, here, Metroid Metal, etc, but when ads are constantly thrown in my face I'm blocking them.

That began with MyAnimeList by the way. :lol: Got a little old seeing 10 ads per page. That and as always being the grumpy internet user, I was there before the site got huge, so the ads stuck out like a sore thumb when they were thrown in.