Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3)

Brawlers and Beatemups
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Re: Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3)

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I read about that on GAF. Man, Sega is doing a phenomenal job marketing this game. /sarcasm
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Cut SEGA some slack. The game just went from JPN exclusive to having been confirmed for worldwide release. Plus they've been occupied with VF5 FS marketing (which by the way, they did a really comendable job!)
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

This game was always intended to be a worldwide release. They just got cold feet and backed off after their record losses were announced. There still hasn't been any official announcement on the international release of AR. We are finding all of this out through Game Stop employees and web store release dates.

Don't make excuses for them. Sega is doing a horrible job marketing this game. It isn't the first time in recent history, either. Look at Binary Domain. Guardian Heroes HD? Their incompetent western marketing team has left plenty of victims on the side of the road.

You know the saying. You gotta' spend money to make money. Run those ads. Money hat those hipster, career college kids posing as game reviewers.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

What!? SEGA themselves posted on their Twitter account about their recent reconsideration of the games release for Q1 2012!

Ain't making excuses for them. There is still time for promotion of the game IF it does get released in that time frame. If they don't make noise for AR between now and Q1 13, then we can bitch I suppose.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Oh yeah, that's right... twitter.

Nah, we will hear nothing about this game when we get closer to release. They will be too busy hyping the Colonial Marines game they're publishing around that time.
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

Post by DomitorInvictus »

I've already pre-ordered/imported it, costed me a wealthy sum for sure, but I had so much fun with the demo I just had to do it.

All ranting about Sega's decisions marketing decisions aside, what did you guys think of the demo? I've played it for hours already, though I have only "mastered" one character so far - Garuda. He has a lot of long range abilities but is no slouch when it comes to close quarters combat either.

Can't wait to get my hands on the full game.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Sega marketing completely sucks, period. No argument. I mean seriously just look at their history for the past 5 years.

I absolutely loved the demo and have put a lot of time into it. I have it pre-ordered on AmiAmi, although after this $30 GameStop business I'm kind of questioning whether or not I should get it now or wait.

Garuda is my favorite character as well. Freaking love those drill attacks. I would say Baron and Mathila are the best characters, they are both very easily abusable. Garuda and Sasha are kind of in the middle, but Jack and Leo are like freaking useless. Which is weird, because they are meant to be the main characters.
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

Post by DomitorInvictus »

I haven't experimented with the other characters much. I figured they would all be pretty well balanced. Although I do remember this one game where some guy kept killing me with one hit by Baron...
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Yeah, loved/love the demo! I will pick it up when it finally comes out over here. I can't bring myself to pay import prices for a game that's going loose half its functionality when this gen is over and the servers presumably go offline.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Totally understandable, and I worry about that same thing when buying online-heavy games, but this game is just so damn awesome I think it's going to be worth every penny to buy on launch.