Together Retro: NBA Jam

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: NBA Jam

Post by noiseredux »

so does anyone wanna share any strategies or anything? So far I'm 6-2 in my GB season. I swear, the arcade stick makes all the difference.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:so does anyone wanna share any strategies or anything? So far I'm 6-2 in my GB season. I swear, the arcade stick makes all the difference.

Score
Steal/Block/Goaltend
Score
Steal/Block/Goaltend
Score to get on fire
Goaltend forever
Shoot 3s
Win
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

haha thanks D.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Dave, I think one thing I had forgotten about was the fact that goal-tending (though giving up points) does not prevent you from the streak that leads to being on fire. So actually you bring up a good point.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I'd actually been playing this recently (as in the past few days) without even realizing it was this month's Together Retro. Whaddya know?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:Dave, I think one thing I had forgotten about was the fact that goal-tending (though giving up points) does not prevent you from the streak that leads to being on fire. So actually you bring up a good point.

Goatending is also never called when you are on fire, it becomes "legal."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Dave, I think one thing I had forgotten about was the fact that goal-tending (though giving up points) does not prevent you from the streak that leads to being on fire. So actually you bring up a good point.

good to know. I haven't played the game in yeeeaaarrrrssss. But it's coming back to me.
Orion Pimpdaddy
8-bit

Post by Orion Pimpdaddy »

Now that other affairs in my life have been wrapped up, I'll be giving this game a dribble tonight.
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

I'll dust off my Jaguar when I get back home.
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

good to know. I haven't played the game in yeeeaaarrrrssss. But it's coming back to me.

I always push straight off the other teams inbound, try for a steal, then go for 3 straight dunks.

Then goal tend like a mofo when on fire.