My NEO GEO Collection!!! *Big Pics*

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
shallowgamer
128-bit

Re: My NEO GEO Collection!!! *Big Pics*

Post by shallowgamer »

kingdomheights777 wrote:
crux wrote:A million is plenty - don't get me wrong. I certainly don't see it as the kind of income to justify spending $2000 on a single game, however. To put it in perspective, that's .2% of a million dollars for a single video game. I'm not sure that I could call THAT smart investing, considering the alternatives.

oh dude i totally agree, i think its crazy that anyone would spend that much on one game. But there are those people out there lol

Waitwaitwait. I don't think you have clearance to call anyone crazy!! :)
kingdomheights777
128-bit

Post by kingdomheights777 »

shallowgamer wrote:
kingdomheights777 wrote:
crux wrote:A million is plenty - don't get me wrong. I certainly don't see it as the kind of income to justify spending $2000 on a single game, however. To put it in perspective, that's .2% of a million dollars for a single video game. I'm not sure that I could call THAT smart investing, considering the alternatives.

oh dude i totally agree, i think its crazy that anyone would spend that much on one game. But there are those people out there lol

Waitwaitwait. I don't think you have clearance to call anyone crazy!! :)

Yeah i know dude LOL, I gave myself a limit, i won't pay over $300 for a Neo Geo game lol
maximus_clean
16-bit

Post by maximus_clean »

Nice Neo Geo colelction!

This is the only system I do not own that I wouldn't mind picking up. It's not even really the cost that turns me away, it is the fact that I never had one, played one, or knew anyone that had one growing up. In other words, I have zero attachment to anything Neo Geo.

I guess if one dropped in front of me locally I would buy it, but I haven't seen anything for Neo Geo in the wild since I started small time collecting back in 1998.
kingdomheights777
128-bit

Post by kingdomheights777 »

maximus_clean wrote:Nice Neo Geo colelction!

This is the only system I do not own that I wouldn't mind picking up. It's not even really the cost that turns me away, it is the fact that I never had one, played one, or knew anyone that had one growing up. In other words, I have zero attachment to anything Neo Geo.

I guess if one dropped in front of me locally I would buy it, but I haven't seen anything for Neo Geo in the wild since I started small time collecting back in 1998.

I can guarantee you that you will never find anything neo in the wild, maybe and arcade unit but thats about it.
maximus_clean
16-bit

Post by maximus_clean »

Well, I have found 1 system with 5 games, but it was too far to drive for the price he wanted. So i never physically 'found it'

I hope my day will come to find a neo, I had to wait 10 years to find a complete in box Turbo Grafx CD, i just found it last month. It is the only CD unit I have ever seen in the wild and it was complete, all manuals and even the original receipt from Eaton's Compucentre for $699.99!!!
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

kingdomheights777 wrote:
maximus_clean wrote:Nice Neo Geo colelction!

I can guarantee you that you will never find anything neo in the wild, maybe and arcade unit but thats about it.

Yup. I've been doing the garage sale circuit for 10 years now, and have seen everything EXCEPT neo geo AES. Anyone that dropped that kind of dough back in the day would probably rather keep it on a shelf than get rid of it cheap.
invincibleservant
8-bit

Post by invincibleservant »

Must...control....envy. Your collection is amazing and the light-up buttons are super-sweet.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Sweet mother of fuck! How could you have possibly managed to get your hands on all the Metal Slug AES games? Also, where did you get that awesome LED joystick? I would love to get one of those.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^