Retro Game Store Directory

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Mephikun
128-bit

Re: Retro Game Store Directory

Post by Mephikun »

The flip? Why were the Maine stores removed? D:

Anyways, Video Game Network, in Union, Maine. I've been in a couple of times, and their prices on games are good, sometimes decent, sometimes great, they have a huge selection... but systems are sometimes expensive. All in all, a great store.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Mephikun wrote:The flip? Why were the Maine stores removed? D:

Anyways, Video Game Network, in Union, Maine. I've been in a couple of times, and their prices on games are good, sometimes decent, sometimes great, they have a huge selection... but systems are sometimes expensive. All in all, a great store.

Whoa you're right! Maine is gone from page one! I think a couple of other states are missing too.

Just how good is that Union store? It's about an hour from me and I'll make a trip if it sounds worthwhile.
Mephikun
128-bit

Post by Mephikun »

I guess I'd give it a +1, but I mean sometimes the prices are high ($70 for a Dreamcast...), but I dunno, seems good, I can probably check if they've got anything worthwhile or anything you're looking for next time I go in, which is hopefully soon, I mean the place is only 5-10 minutes from me, so... yeah.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Hey at least they have (or had) a Dreamcast. Nothing in the Augusta/Waterville area ever does, though Bull Moose sometimes has Dreamcast controllers and games.

Is this Union store stocked mostly with last gen stuff and common NES/SNES titles? Anything more obscure, like Master System or TG16 games?
Mephikun
128-bit

Post by Mephikun »

Hmm... I've seen lots of things in there, I haven't seen much obscure, I think they've got some of the more rare NES/SNES games... they have a LOT of Playstation 1/2/3 and NES stuff... like I said I can probably check soon... maybe... possibly next week sometime?
NihonRobot
24-bit

Post by NihonRobot »

There's another Game Play on Venice Blvd. near Culver City. Huge library of used classic games, and they have a sister store two doors down that sells imports. They also have random collectibles like drinks, candy, bags, plushies, toys, etc.

Game Play
10937 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034

http://www.yelp.com/biz/game-play-los-angeles
narcispy

Post by narcispy »

There's a store in my area not in this list that's worth adding.

E Squared Gaming
1903 N. Hwy 17 Suite #100
Mount Pleasant, SC

They don't have a site per-se, mostly a facebook. The owner guy is pretty nice and helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/ESquaredGaming
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Mephikun wrote:The flip? Why were the Maine stores removed? D:

Whoa you're right! Maine is gone from page one! I think a couple of other states are missing too.

Just how good is that Union store? It's about an hour from me and I'll make a trip if it sounds worthwhile.

Oh shit, what happened? Michigan's gone, too! It was normal the last time I edited the list; what happened?

I'm looking into it right now; for some reason, it looks like all the states starting with "M" were deleted. I have no idea how it happened, but I'm trying to find a cached copy of the page that still has the list.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

lisalover1 wrote:Oh shit, what happened? Michigan's gone, too! It was normal the last time I edited the list; what happened?

I'm looking into it right now; for some reason, it looks like all the states starting with "M" were deleted. I have no idea how it happened, but I'm trying to find a cached copy of the page that still has the list.

I'm not sure if I saved the alphabetized list. Its on the other computer back home, I'll check tomorrow. If I still have it, I'll copy, paste and post the M listing.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Any good PA retro stores an hour or two from 19070?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.