What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Ack wrote:Heh, a lot of folks don't realize how separate the two are. AS was born from CN employees. If AS were run 24 hours a day, and kept the same profit rate, it would be the most successful channel on TV. Which is great, because CN yo-yos in profitability. Kids programming is actually really hard to run due to heavier advertising restrictions, so companies fight tooth and claw over it. CN, Disney, and Nickelodeon are in a constant fight.

As for Boondocks, it's not the first time. One episode pissed off Tyler Perry, so we didn't show it for years. Hey, it's Atlanta.

Wish I had known you worked up there, I would have tried to hit you up for some AS?Toonami swag! :lol:

Would love to work up there, but I have no idea what I'd actually do, lol. Seems like a pretty enjoyable place to work.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

It's a corporation, with the usual frustrating corporate politics, unfortunately. There are parts of the company that I love and respect, and a lot of wonderful folks who work there, but it's not the same place I started at nearly a decade ago, and I am currently feeling pretty bitter about how things are going. Merging with Warner Bros and HBO has led to a lot of problems.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I hit my first goal weight of 110lbs yesterday. I've gained 13lbs in 4 months, hoping to hit 120 by the end of the year. I've got a real six pack coming in, my arms are slowing growing larger, and I also got a new tattoo (a MF DOOM mask above my knee) yesterday. Feelin' hotter than the sun :mrgreen:

My BST Thread
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Haven't listened to MF Doom in ages. It would be a cool idea. My next one is gonna be the robot in Metropolis, but I'm waiting for COVID to blow over first.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Doom is that rapper I want to like so bad, I just don't like most of his beats. Now czarface vs mf doom he's fire as most of his songs someone else produces. I know I'm in the minority here lol.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I hit my first goal weight of 110lbs yesterday. I've gained 13lbs in 4 months, hoping to hit 120 by the end of the year. I've got a real six pack coming in, my arms are slowing growing larger, and I also got a new tattoo (a MF DOOM mask above my knee) yesterday. Feelin' hotter than the sun :mrgreen:

How tall are you?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

MrPopo wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I hit my first goal weight of 110lbs yesterday. I've gained 13lbs in 4 months, hoping to hit 120 by the end of the year. I've got a real six pack coming in, my arms are slowing growing larger, and I also got a new tattoo (a MF DOOM mask above my knee) yesterday. Feelin' hotter than the sun :mrgreen:

How tall are you?

No shit. That's tiny
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

stickem wrote:
MrPopo wrote:

How tall are you?

No shit. That's tiny

5'9. I've always been a little underweight and after I moved in with my ex I was so depressed I didn't eat and lost weight. Now that I've been out on my own for a while I'm getting healthy.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Well get yourself healthy my man. That's rail thin for 5'9. I'm only 1 inch taller and couldn't imagine being that weight. I was always skinny as well at 135. Starting lifting to change that and 20 years latter like where I'm at.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

stickem wrote:Well get yourself healthy my man. That's rail thin for 5'9. I'm only 1 inch taller and couldn't imagine being that weight. I was always skinny as well at 135. Starting lifting to change that and 20 years latter like where I'm at.

That's what I'm doing; I'm 110 with 4 months of lifting and trying to gain weight. It's taking a while but I'll get to a healthy weight soon.

My BST Thread