What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Sload Soap »

Okay guys, we're up to 17 hour a day shifts, does anyone have an advance on 17 hours?
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Smile: Bill & Ted Face the Music did not disappoint. I threw a little themed party for my wife and I on Friday and the movie was good stuff. A minor gripe, and some things fell flat, but overall the movie delivered what I was hoping for.

Stretching is more efficient if you make Jean-Claude Van Damme noises while doing it. I think at least. It's definitely more fun, same goes for yoga.

Frown: A possibly new client for me is 46, and was just released from prison. He's living in a halfway house and is looking for work. He says he has documentation of a learning disability and carpal tunnel, but with the latter he'd need documentation and proof the disability is linked to his career. According to our judicial system he has paid his debt to society and I cannot refuse service nor should I...
but the guy spent twenty years in prison for raping a five year old girl when he was twenty-six. I can't even think of where I would place him or begin to try to staff him with as dude isn't allowed in most public buildings. Plus with his charge, I doubt many people are going feel moved to want to help him.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Sload Soap wrote:Okay guys, we're up to 17 hour a day shifts, does anyone have an advance on 17 hours?

Figure out how you can downcompress as quickly as you can because there will be times when you need to have a mental release. The best for most people is a short walk outside. But that is not always possible - Several years ago I had a job in a secure facility where that was not an option so I had to go with the old standby. I use to carry a deck of cards with me for solitaire. It is something I can do for five minutes and feel like I accomplished something. I also use Pinball and the occasional Gameboy or Arcade game for the same purpose. As for being mentally prepared for it, it is tough. The first few dozen times it will be difficult but you will find a groove eventually.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

NotLuke wrote:Smile: Bill & Ted Face the Music did not disappoint. I threw a little themed party for my wife and I on Friday and the movie was good stuff. A minor gripe, and some things fell flat, but overall the movie delivered what I was hoping for.

Stretching is more efficient if you make Jean-Claude Van Damme noises while doing it. I think at least. It's definitely more fun, same goes for yoga.

Luke, did you ever watch Cobra Kai?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
NotLuke wrote:Smile: Bill & Ted Face the Music did not disappoint. I threw a little themed party for my wife and I on Friday and the movie was good stuff. A minor gripe, and some things fell flat, but overall the movie delivered what I was hoping for.

It’s on Netflix now, apparently. I added it to my watchlist last night.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

It’s on Netflix now, apparently. I added it to my watchlist last night.

First season is actually pretty good. Some of the teen drama can be a bit much, but I recommend it. My friend warned me against the 2nd season, though, so I never bothered. I'm liking this 80s nostalgia-wave. I haven't seen Bill & Ted yet, but it seems to be getting some positive reviews online, so I'm looking forward to it.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Your friend was right. 1st season was an awesome retelling role reversal. 2nd season jumped the shark and took itself too seriously. Your karate club seemed more like a cult in season 2. Still enjoyable though
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Hey gents, checking in.

Smile: Cramming in some Halo 4 & Halo 5 where I can at night. Shoot me a PM of you want to play. I'm all over... Match making for big team battle & 4v4 arena, Spartan Ops, campaign, achievements... I'll run any of it.

Ouch: Heat index was supposed to be 111 degrees in Houston today. I didn't even double check it... felt every bit of that. I ordered in lunch
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:lol: Overslept and missed one of my two shifts at Duck Donuts today. My alarm didn't go off at 9am like it was supposed to (still don't know why) and it was almost 1pm when I frantically called them and told them I'd be late and why, but they said that it was so slow today that they didn't need me today.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: Venture Brothers got cancelled!