What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

:D back on a normal sleep schedule after being out of one for months.

:? And :D Have work now, which I'm glad for, but after I finish this specific job I think I'm going to have to pull out of it. A friend of a family friend does remodeling and I'm helping him out, but the work is super hard on my back. Leaning over, holding things over my head, putting weight on the crowbar, etc. The muscles in my back are already screwed up from a previous job, and I don't want to make that worse.

:shock: Don't know how to work with family in quitting the remodeling job. It's temporary until I get a more permanent job, but they are still really glad to see me have anything at all. I have another odd job I need to do after this one, but past that, I do t know if I can avoid the remodeling job. My Dad doesn't understand the level of pain it puts me in, and my Grandpa doesn't know about my back problems, so it'll be rough to figure out how to get out of it. I guess I need to find more odd jobs to do besides it.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
HungryGarou
24-bit

Post by HungryGarou »

:( The 8Bitdo M30 has been a big disappointment so far and i'm crossing my fingers that the issues i'm having can be alleviated with a new replacement unit. I was super hyped for this thing too, especially with hardly anyone giving this format of controller any love.
...And holy shit, it's been while since I've posted here...
marurun

Post by marurun »

Oh no! I have such high hopes for those controllers. It’s like they hybridized a couple Sega designs into one glorious mashup.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

HungryGarou wrote::( The 8Bitdo M30 has been a big disappointment so far and i'm crossing my fingers that the issues i'm having can be alleviated with a new replacement unit. I was super hyped for this thing too, especially with hardly anyone giving this format of controller any love.

Do you have the bluetooth or the 2.4ghz? I have the 2.4 and I have loss of connection issues, I am thinking it may be my wifi... but yeah I love how it is when it works, but I am thinking the bluetooth one is the way to go.
HungryGarou
24-bit

Post by HungryGarou »

Jmustang1968 wrote:
HungryGarou wrote::( The 8Bitdo M30 has been a big disappointment so far and i'm crossing my fingers that the issues i'm having can be alleviated with a new replacement unit. I was super hyped for this thing too, especially with hardly anyone giving this format of controller any love.

Do you have the bluetooth or the 2.4ghz? I have the 2.4 and I have loss of connection issues, I am thinking it may be my wifi... but yeah I love how it is when it works, but I am thinking the bluetooth one is the way to go.

I've got the Bluetooth edition. I've already send an email to 8bitdo's support team and asked if I can swap my current unit for either a new adjusted part or a new pad entirely. Either I've gotten a defective unit or it's like that for all of them yet everyone who's done reviews somehow didn't notice at all...
HungryGarou
24-bit

Post by HungryGarou »

Forgot to add, here's a Reddit thread going into detail regarding an issue
https://www.reddit.com/r/8bitdo/comment ... ould_i_do/
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

:( I'm getting in to one of my moods again, I can feel it. I get to visit some college friends soon, which is good, but that will just give me a high for the weekend until I crash again. Being so conflicted with my temp job and not finding anything I can apply for is grinding on me too. I'm thankful to have some work, but it is exactly the type of thing I was told I would avoid by going to college.

Only real positive right now (besides seeing friends) is that I'll make an easy 100$ this week, so I can grab the new FROMSOFT game.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

:D SMILE: passed IT certification #1 I was after on 3/9. Big relief.

Starting studying today for the next one on my list. Right now going after 3 certs, spanning 4 tests.

Will try to drop in more my nerdy internet buds. BEEN NUTS!

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
Konacha
32-bit

Post by Konacha »

So today I found out that on Thursday I have to go to a meeting with the county officials over a job I'm working work at my office. I've been working on a job since June of last year and it seems every week they have more revisions to it. A couple of times it was revisions to things I revised already. They want to have a meeting to go over the revisions (which honestly they can do in an e-mail and SHOULD as I want stuff in writing since they change their minds). I have gone to a number of these and every time it is just a waste of time. Everything they talk about is never done on their end and every time they say something, the person just says "oh I never said that" later on. One time I had someone at the county say "I didn't say that" when we had typed proof that they said that, and then said "oh someone hacked my computer" I mean, WTF? And these are public county officials saying this.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Hey all. I haven't been as active here in the past year-ish due to life being a bit tough, but everything's finally come together, and I wanted to share the wonderful news.

When my chronic illness finally got the better of me in 2017, my husband and I made a plan to relocate to an area with weather patterns easier on my health. I was essentially housebound for a year and a half while we worked on it, but I am now sitting in our new apartment in southern California, windows open, enjoying a breezy afternoon. We did it.

On top of this, I started a brand-new breakthrough medication for my condition four months ago, and the results have been amazing. "Amazing" doesn't mean "I feel wonderful all day every day," but it means my health has improved so much that I actually feel like a different person. I gave up on the possibility of ever being "better" back when I was in my early twenties; at 33 I suddenly find myself feeling like I've broken a spell that lasted 13 years.

For example, yesterday I decided to walk to a local grocery store. (Chronically ill people never "just decide" to go do something; every event has to carefully weighed and planned against everything else that needs to get done, and then you often have to proactively push yourself through whatever it is you're doing.) It was 65 degrees and sunny out, I felt bright and clear, and I could smell the ocean on the breeze. I tell you, my eyes literally filled with tears; the last time I felt this carefree on a regular old day was probably back when I was twelve, before the migraines started taking over everything.

It's a new life, guys. It really feels like completely new life. My entire relationship with existence has changed. I can't get over it.

Sending good vibes to anyone else who's had long and difficult struggles with illnesses. Be gentle to yourself, and know that you're worth whatever huge life changes you might need to make to improve your quality of living.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would