Street Fighter x Tekken

Brawlers and Beatemups
mjmjr25

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken

Post by mjmjr25 »

gradualmeltdown wrote:I agree with almost everything the7k said for the first time ever :P

^Yeah, that.

I am sorta second guessing the pre-order (nice game, but did I/We enable game developers and cement the idea that we will just keep buying DLC stuffs?) - I hope gaming doesn't evolve into the idea of relatively low up-front cost, only to be pillaged to buy more in order to remain competitive in regard to the online fighting/gaming.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I seem to have far less complaints than most of you about this game. I'm not a tournament player, so I really only care about having fun. Which I am. A lot actually. I think the gems confirmed from the start that this wasn't meant to be a tournament game anyway. And as far as the dlc thing, sure it's lousy, but they put out 3 versions of SF3 and 4... How many versions of 2. getting every penny they can out of a game is nothing new to capcom. So none of it shocks me. But like I said, bottom line is just that I'm getting a lot of hours of fun out of it.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:I seem to have far less complaints than most of you about this game. I'm not a tournament player, so I really only care about having fun. Which I am. A lot actually. I think the gems confirmed from the start that this wasn't meant to be a tournament game anyway. And as far as the dlc thing, sure it's lousy, but they put out 3 versions of SF3 and 4... How many versions of 2. getting every penny they can out of a game is nothing new to capcom. So none of it shocks me. But like I said, bottom line is just that I'm getting a lot of hours of fun out of it.

Are you actually enjoying the laggy/sound-glitchy online play? I don't really get a lot out of single player since winning stuff doesn't unlock characters (AFAIK) and trophy hunting is basically dumb stuff like "Do X 500 times". How are you getting the most mileage out of it?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

As I've stated several times now I'm not experiencing lag. I'm getting matched up with players who have good connections and no problem. The sounds don't really bother me asmy volume is usually pretty low anyway.

I don't buy many $60 games day one. And yet I'm enjoying it enough to not regret my purchase.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:As I've stated several times now I'm not experiencing lag.

um: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30M9pb9s1Ig
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Let me rephrase... I'm experiencing no lag playing against players on a solid (probably wired) connections whose wives are presumably not streaming movies at the same time.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:Let me rephrase... I'm experiencing no lag playing against players on a solid (probably wired) connections whose wives are presumably not streaming movies at the same time.

:lol:

Still, I can be running torrents on the computer and MvC3, SSF4, BlazBlue, etc. all work fine. Something is horribly broken in the netcode, and that is detracting significantly from my fun.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:Let me rephrase... I'm experiencing no lag playing against players on a solid (probably wired) connections whose wives are presumably not streaming movies at the same time.

hey noise, i don't have a wife and i used wired for net. let's play tonight :wink:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

sevin0seven wrote:

hey noise, i don't have a wife and i used wired for net. let's play tonight :wink:

That sounds like an invite to a dirty dirty HD Webcam "chat."
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

dsheinem wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:

That sounds like an invite to a dirty dirty HD Webcam "chat."

i have some Marvin Gaye, some Luther Vandross A little Anita, will definitely set this party off right..
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here