If PC game piracy is so bad..

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
MrPopo

Re: If PC game piracy is so bad..

Post by MrPopo »

When a game goes to the printer, it is very easy for an unscrupulous employee to rip an ISO and distribute it. That tends to be the most common route, as far as I know.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Mozgus wrote:1) If you only need 1 controller, you're doing it wrong.
Well, I never paid for my extra wireless controller. It came free. Most bundles in this country comes with an extra wireless controller if you buy a game with it. Which, let's face it, you're going to be buying a game with a new system.

Mozgus wrote:2) The premium costs $300 here. Wrong again.

OMG $50 out. That's not bad for a complete blind guess. It's still less than what we pay here dumbass.

Mozgus wrote:3) Oh ok, so you bought a $60 360 game, then sold it for a third of that price just so you can buy it again on PC for $40-$50. Yeah that's fucking logical. You really got me there. $100 per game is the way to go.

Well A. I NEVER pay full price for ANY of my games, I'm not fucking stupid. I wait until they are less than £30. If it's just launched, MAYBE I'll pay £37 for it if it's exclusive. Most multiplatform titles drop in price so fast here. You'd be a complete fucking idiot to buy at RRP. (which in this country is £49.99, just so we know what we are talking about.)
Here's an example, I Just sold the orange box for £25. I've just bought it from Steam for £17. Yeah. Totally wasted my money there... :roll:

Mozgus wrote:Listen, if you shit gold bricks, thats cool. You don't have to hide it. Just don't expect other people to waste money like you do.

Dude, I work 3 fucking jobs. Maybe if you got off your arse and worked as much as me you would have money too. Quit being fucking jealous.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

Ivo wrote:I think Mozgus and Niode need to calm down a bit and realize than they're mostly saying the same thing.

Sometimes, you don't need to shout insults to get a point across. But if the guy is thousands of miles away, who give a shit, right? :lol: + :roll:
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Niode wrote:Dude, I work 3 fucking jobs. Maybe if you got off your arse and worked as much as me you would have money too. Quit being fucking jealous.

Lol, if I worked 3 jobs, I'd never have time to play these games. Don't get jealous if your life is so fucked up that you NEED to work 3 jobs. Maybe if you didn't blow your funds on bullshit you could be like me. Just one stress free, relaxing, rewarding 40 hour a week job is all I need to survive, spoil myself with things here or there, and still save 10-15% of it.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Have you thought of the fact that I enjoy doing my job? I do the same 40 hour week you do. I love my jobs. I teach at a college, what exactly do you do that benefits hundreds of people on a daily basis? I also teach guitar. I run a workshop on a Wednesday afternoon where local bands can come and make a demo with me. I do this for free. I don't get paid to do that.

I also don't waste any of my money. I don't know why you think I do. I've just explained to you how frugal I am with my gaming purchases. It's very rare that I will spend more than £100 a month on games. Lately it's been close to £50.

I don't think I really need to justify myself and what I do any further.
Ack

Post by Ack »

What's going on in this thread?

Oh...oh, I see.

*ahem*

GIRLS! STOP!

:lol:
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

He started it!

*strops*
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Niode wrote:Have you thought of the fact that I enjoy doing my job? I do the same 40 hour week you do. I love my jobs. I teach at a college, what exactly do you do that benefits hundreds of people on a daily basis?

I build 6 foot tall DSL internet and telephone provider cabinets which which provide said communications to a couple hundred people each. Ask me something hard. :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Hah! I can top that. At the push of a button I can shut down the entire Amazon fulfillment network (and get fired!).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

MrPopo wrote:Hah! I can top that. At the push of a button I can shut down the entire Amazon fulfillment network (and get fired!).

That's an impressive button. A shiny, candy-like button.