Join in on our classic gaming club!
NeoRage
64-bit

Re: Post Your Dig Dug High Scores

Post by NeoRage »

racketboy wrote:53170! (NES)
Man, that's intense!

Great job!
I can't believe how much fun it is to play these games again, Makes me miss the smoke filled 80's arcade days 8)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

NeoRage wrote:
racketboy wrote:53170! (NES)
Man, that's intense!

Great job!
I can't believe how much fun it is to play these games again, Makes me miss the smoke filled 80's arcade days 8)

Yeah, except having to go through so many quarters.
It took me a lot of tries just to get close to my previous record.
I'm really loving the whole risk vs. reward thing -- primarily with the rocks.
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

That's what keeps me playing until 5-6am :lol: ,

I've got it down now on how to line up at least 2 under a rock or if there's one and he's really close get all the way under the rock then shoot him with the gun* to stun him while quickly moving left or right so the rock gets him and not you.

I hope we can all play more games for score like this, It's really recharging my gaming batteries and reminding me why I started to game in the first place.

*not sure what you'd call it, bike pump with a spear?!
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

NeoRage wrote:That's what keeps me playing until 5-6am :lol: ,

I've got it down now on how to line up at least 2 under a rock or if there's one and he's really close get all the way under the rock then shoot him with the gun* to stun him while quickly moving left or right so the rock gets him and not you.

I hope we can all play more games for score like this, It's really recharging my gaming batteries and reminding me why I started to game in the first place.

*not sure what you'd call it, bike pump with a spear?!

Another relatively easy way of nailing guys under rocks - hit them as ghosts. Those home on you, so it's a question of figuring out the timing and move aside. They still get dragged under.

I don't agree with ALWAYS having score games or even focusing on them. Defender was great, but Lunar was also great, for example. It may be interesting to consider a pattern involving the different types - Score attack (score driven action game) / Longer adventure or RPG / progress driven Action game and loop. Although definitively the longer ones should be weighed to not be as frequent, I don't think score attack games should outweigh more progress oriented games where the goal is more on completing it or getting all secrets etc rather than endlessly going for score. Score attack games certainly don't appeal to everyone (they are usually relatively unforgiving / hard).

Ivo.
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

I don't agree with ALWAYS having score games or even focusing on them

Neither do I, But this was nice for a change.

I'm fine with anything except for Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde......Still have nightmares from that one :evil:
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I think we are going to swap out to the next game soon, so I took some time to improve my score. My goal was breaching 100k, ideally 120k where I believed I'd get another extra. I succeeded in both, but I don't think I got an extra at 120k (excuse me for not paying attention :P)

So my best score is 133k, stage 22. Im not sure if I will be able and/or willing to improve on that.
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=digdugkw0.jpg
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

Ivo wrote:I think we are going to swap out to the next game soon, so I took some time to improve my score. My goal was breaching 100k, ideally 120k where I believed I'd get another extra. I succeeded in both, but I don't think I got an extra at 120k (excuse me for not paying attention :P)

So my best score is 133k, stage 22. Im not sure if I will be able and/or willing to improve on that.
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=digdugkw0.jpg

Damn! You rule!! Nicely done. I'm having a hard time breaking 40k. :lol:
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

So, Ivo, you weren't content enough with just beating us good, you just had to trample us? lol :)
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

racketboy wrote:So, Ivo, you weren't content enough with just beating us good, you just had to trample us? lol :)

You guys need to get to 60k, you get an extra life there. I bet you will have a nice score jump with an extra life.
I'll go post some tips on the strategy side so you can breach 60k.