Sega 60th!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Big Sega Announcement on June 3rd

Post by Reprise »

alienjesus wrote:It always blows my mind that Sega still insist in putting out stuff for XBox when it jsut doesn't seem like their audience are there. They'd probably have more success if they focus on the Nintendo audience which seems to have more interest in their stuff from what I can see. But maybe I'm wrong and the sales numbers don't reflect that.

I'd have to imagine the difference in cost in developing for Switch or developing for PS4 and XBox One is significant though, and only going to increase as the next consoles arrive.

Yeah, these rumours of a partnership with Microsoft make no sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure I heard Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania both sold more copies on the Switch than any other platform, but it might not be true for all of Sega's games.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Reprise wrote:
alienjesus wrote:It always blows my mind that Sega still insist in putting out stuff for XBox when it jsut doesn't seem like their audience are there. They'd probably have more success if they focus on the Nintendo audience which seems to have more interest in their stuff from what I can see. But maybe I'm wrong and the sales numbers don't reflect that.

I'd have to imagine the difference in cost in developing for Switch or developing for PS4 and XBox One is significant though, and only going to increase as the next consoles arrive.

Yeah, these rumours of a partnership with Microsoft make no sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure I heard Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania both sold more copies on the Switch than any other platform, but it might not be true for all of Sega's games.

I think that may be true about the Sonic games, but I know the more mature games sell great on Xbox and PS4.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

If they’re doing hardware and/or a deeper partnership with Microsoft it’s probably something unspectacular like slapping Dreamcast 2 stickers on the Series X in Japan since nobody there will touch an Xbox.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

A sega/microsoft partnership would certainly not be out of the question, Sega tied themselves to microsoft during the OG xbox days and put a number of solid exclusives on that console. I think Sega developing exclusively for xbox/PC is a good possibility, and maybe even foreshadowed by the fact that streets of rage 4 launched day 1 on game pass.

I think if that is the case, it would be an interesting thing to watch play out during the next console wars
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I’m amazed by the amount of talent and knowledge here that y’all don’t already know the Dreamcast 2 already came out it’s called the Original Xbox!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

My review of Yakuza 0 3/2/2020 on XB1 Store.
My review of Yakuza 0 3/2/2020 on XB1 Store.
B0FB3BB5-864E-47D3-BCFF-EE0372072100.jpeg (365.16 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Sorry for the thread spam I’m trying to upload these pics under one post but the site won’t let me!
My review of Sleeping Dogs on 1/2/2020 to the day exactly couple of months before Yakuza 0 XB1 review.
Attachments
Sleeping Dogs Definitive review 1/2/2020 on MS Store by T3KTORO22.
Sleeping Dogs Definitive review 1/2/2020 on MS Store by T3KTORO22.
A80B7011-5460-4250-8B67-A722B1FB2BBF.jpeg (389.85 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

TEKTORO wrote:I’m amazed by the amount of talent and knowledge here that y’all don’t already know the Dreamcast 2 already came out it’s called the Original Xbox!

I get they had some sega games on there but I think of the xbox as a fps machine on top of everything and the dreamcast as a shmup/fighter machine which the xbox lacks considerably. Just my opinion anyway.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I don't know if this is THE announcement, but Sega has unveiled the Game Gear Micro.

I love the Game Gear and have a lot of nostalgia for it and would probably buy one... but the idea of actually playing games on something that tiny looks kind of unbearable.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Yeah I... I think they may have taken the term 'micro' a bit too literally....