Does this thumb stick look right?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Does this thumb stick look right?

Post by marurun »

So, you bought something new, and it sounds like it was apparent it was not new, even if it was in decent condition. Items sold as new should be new. Sounds like the seller was going for some price inflation and thought the condition was good enough that most buyers wouldn't care. I think I probably would care. If it was marked "like new" I would probably be more forgiving, but it doesn't sound like that was the case.

On the other hand, you really are the pickiest person about item condition ever to post on the forums. Item condition is important to most of us. We're just not accustomed to quite the level of detail you bring to your own preferences on such things. Given just how nit-picky you seem to be about the issue, I'm not sure a little eye-rolling from the community is necessarily unexpected. That said, I think most folks who are giving you heat are doing it with more light-hearted intent.

I understand your feelings are hurt because it feels like people are attacking you. If you really do think someone is going after you, you should PM a mod. We have several, so you can take your pick of who you think might be most sympathetic. If they think someone is truly harassing or acting with bad intent, they'll act on that.

Also, all that stuff about post counts and elitism? There's less of that here than on literally any other forum I have visited. Those high post counts are just because people have been here a LONG time and are active in this community. And we are a community. And like any community, we have a range of personalities and sometimes some personality conflicts. That's just something that happens.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Does this thumb stick look right?

Post by samsonlonghair »

So you basically got a WiiU for free? That sounds like a good deal to me! Don't let a little ribbing bother you, brother. Have fun playing hyrule warriors instead of worrying about it. :D