The thread about Spiritual Sequels

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ESauced
64-bit

Re: The thread about Spiritual Sequels

Post by ESauced »

Crimson Dragon would be a spirtitual sequel to Panzer Dragoon, albeit an incredibly disappointing one. I got it for I think $3 during a sale and didn’t even find it fun enough to play past the second level. And Panzer Dragoon Orta is probably my favorite original xbox game.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Was Citizens of Earth the Earthbound spiritual successor all the articles written wanted it to be? I didn't play it.

I think journalist and gaming media throw this term around a lot as a buzz word for clicks rather than "inspired by..."

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Jagosaurus wrote:Was Citizens of Earth the Earthbound spiritual successor all the articles written wanted it to be? I didn't play it.

I think journalist and gaming media throw this term around a lot as a buzz word for clicks rather than "inspired by..."

Normally I agree that that gets tossed around so much, but I played through Citizens of Earth, and it had more Earthbound vibes than any other game I've played. I definitely think that counts as a spiritual successor.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Well that's cool to hear. I didn't really hear much else about it or buzz after release so I assumed the worse.

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods