The 2016 October Horror Marathon

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: The 2016 October Horror Marathon

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:how many Phantasms were there? I don't think I've seen beyond the second.

Oh dude, you gotta see the second. It gets crazy weird.

I need to finally watch the third and fourth...and the fifth once it's out.

Also, the naming thing is a marketing ploy. Kids today want something "fresh" and "hip," not like those stale sequels of yesteryear. I mean who here actually bothered to see Friday the 13th part VIII?

I kid of course. Several of us have. But that's because we're not normal.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Ack wrote:Oh dude, you gotta see the second. It gets crazy weird.

yeah I've seen the first two. I haven't seen any of them after the second.

I mean who here actually bothered to see Friday the 13th part VIII?

That's probably my least favorite of the series. I've seen it at least 20 times. At least.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

BOYYYYYYYYYYYY
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

You guys are starting too early this year...We're still a week away from October!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nah I did the same thing last year and then just mass posted about all the shit I watched in the October thread. haha.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Does Ghostbusters count?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:You guys are starting too early this year...We're still a week away from October!

Pffft. Some of us started thinking about this thread back in July.

Anyway, I don't have any definite list this year beyond the four Evil Dead movies and the first season of Ash. I'll probably watch It Follows and Night of the Demons. Plus, I've got a small stack of cheap VHS possibilities, most of which I've never heard of and some of which look kind of shlocky, so I'm hoping to find some entertainment in there somewhere. And like Ack, I've also got quite a few movies saved to my Prime watchlist.

So basically, the possibilities of what I could watch this year feel almost endless and I'm really excited :lol:

While I haven't watched anything in my to-do pile yet, I did start warming up by watching a couple of short serial killer documentaries I found on Prime. The first was about H.H. Holmes and the second was about Albert Fish. Both were quite solid and I was surprised by their low star ratings. Though I suspect many of those may be due to too many reviews of "wth? This isn't a movie, it's a documentary!" *sigh*

The Holmes doc is more condensed than the one about Fish. However, the Fish documentary, despite some artistic choices I found questionable, does goes into greater detail about psychology and methodology behind the psycho. I wish the one on Holmes had done similar, but perhaps that wasn't a possibility due to the lack of study around that time period.

Anyway, don't know if films like this are an interest of anybody else, but if they are than these are two solid choices you can check out.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

noiseredux wrote:
J T wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I liked season 1 a lot and then suddenly - just felt sick of it. I don't know. Got a little too goofy for me I guess. Chad was the best character on there, though. And I love Emma Roberts in everything she's in.

Emma Roberts is the perfect Chanel. I love to hate her. Did you know that the Chanel with the earmuffs (Sadie aka Chanel #3, played by Billie Lourd) is Carrie Fisher's daughter? She wears the earmuffs as an homage to her mother's role as Princess Leia.

This year, I've decided to read a horror novel, which I haven't done for one of these Halloween extravaganzas yet. Since Exhuminator gave Under the Skin (the movie) such a strong recommendation, I've decided to read the novel that has been sitting on my shelf for awhile. I'm three chapters in. So far the creepy factor is high. That woman is a black widow! I like Scarlett Johansson, but I think she is too sexy for the role. In the book, Isserley is a short, boney woman with no chin who has to rely on her breasts to attract men into her web since there isn't much else going for her. Nevertheless, I will watch the movie once I finish the novel and see how it compares.

Yes Billie Lourd was my other fav and knew all about her. I just love Emma Roberts in general.

This move was name the right way... "4" ... first I had seen of her and liked her role:

And bc we always are the lookout for these for Ack:

@billy, Ghostbusters always counts.

My Retro Achievements | Games Beaten 2023 & 2024 |
xJAGOx = Xbox Gamertag | Console Mods
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Scream 4 is fantastic.
TSTR
Next-Gen