Trolling a Craigslist Reseller

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Trolling a Craigslist Reseller

Post by Michi »

MrPopo wrote:Not even that big of a wad; I came back with a larger one last trip to Vegas.

This makes me want to post that gif again.....Ah, what the hell:

Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Honestly aren't there enough trolls on craigslist without us adding to it? It's like the shitty april fools joke that's become an annual thing and makes us look like complete dicks to anyone who isn't in on the joke.

Yes there are shitty resellers on craigslist and really every where, but do we really need to go out of our way and attack them?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Fragems wrote:Honestly aren't there enough trolls on craigslist without us adding to it? It's like the shitty april fools joke that's become an annual thing and makes us look like complete dicks to anyone who isn't in on the joke.

To be honest, the people who are in on the joke also think we look like dicks.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Fragems wrote:Honestly aren't there enough trolls on craigslist without us adding to it? It's like the shitty april fools joke that's become an annual thing and makes us look like complete dicks to anyone who isn't in on the joke.

Yes there are shitty resellers on craigslist and really every where, but do we really need to go out of our way and attack them?

Why not?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Based on some of the replies to this thread, I'm starting to think some of you don't know what trolling means.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Really I think trolling is just a shitty thing to do and it's definitely not something I would brag about doing or try to get other people involved in.

I have an email drafted to the guy that is how close I am on blowing the lid on this thing.

Also giving him your phone number as well as posting it on a thread like this is a horrible idea.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Fragems wrote:Really I think trolling is just a shitty thing to do and it's definitely not something I would brag about doing or try to get other people involved in.

I have an email drafted to the guy that is how close I am on blowing the lid on this thing.

Also giving him your phone number as well as posting it on a thread like this is a horrible idea.

I can block his number if need be. Ooh blow the lid on the big conspiracy. Come on, are you kidding me? If you don't want to participate or don't like it, move along. You are acting like you are some important government whistleblower "Blowing the lid on this thing".

And there is no bragging going on. What incentive is there to brag to mostly strangers on the internet? It is something that is humorous that I figured some other would enjoy. I didn't know you were up to this level of obnoxiousness Fragems.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Fragems wrote:Really I think trolling is just a shitty thing to do and it's definitely not something I would brag about doing or try to get other people involved in.

You know one persons dogooder is another persons troll. What you're doing writing that is being the very type of troll that disgusts you. Contacting that person would I think from your perspective should be sinking to the same level. Do you want to do that?
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

One of the things I appreciated about Racketboy was that unlike many gaming forums there were no witch hunts, not shame campaigns nor vigilante trolling. I could come here and chat without the nastiness of NeoGAF or Twitter.

I know it's amusing, the guy is a dick and it's not particularly harmful but I really don't like donning the justice cape and harrasing or bothering people just because one might think they "deserve it". Sorry for being a wet blanket, I guess, but it's nasty.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
SegaDreamscape
24-bit

Post by SegaDreamscape »

Jmustang1968 wrote:

I can block his number if need be. Ooh blow the lid on the big conspiracy. Come on, are you kidding me? If you don't want to participate or don't like it, move along. You are acting like you are some important government whistleblower "Blowing the lid on this thing".

And there is no bragging going on. What incentive is there to brag to mostly strangers on the internet? It is something that is humorous that I figured some other would enjoy. I didn't know you were up to this level of obnoxiousness Fragems.

Just like you don't need to act like your some sort of important vigilante, deciding who needs to be trolled. If I was the guy who's time you were wasting I would want to find you. You've also got the nerve to tell somebody else that if they don't like it they should move along, if you didn't like the ads in the first place then so should have you.

Yeah maybe the guy is doing something you think is wrong having the nerve posting two ads, owning a shop and telling you he would give you $10 per game that's in a bunch of blurry pictures that he cant tell what's what. How do you know he wouldn't turn up if you met him and offer more when when he sees everything clearly Yeah a few titles are visible but he's got no idea what condition they're in.

No wonder this site is losing visitors the way it is.
Last edited by SegaDreamscape on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.
- Mitch Hedberg