Watch Dogs delayed till 2014

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Watch Dogs delayed till 2014

Post by Fragems »

Alright so all the corrupted files were "repaired". Start up game click continue and the load freezes at 85% then the game stops responding :P. Tried starting a new game thinking it might have fudged up the save files but I am getting the same issue.

So I guess I will have to try to get the files verified again and then do another repair :P. Except Uplay is currently down and all they are saying on twitter is "it's not down" in response to all the user tweets :lol: .
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

This is a case where I would probably prefer this game on PC but I hate Uplay. Therefore I picked it up for PS4. Should arrive today.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Uplay is back up hopefully I can get some more play time in once I get my files repaired again :P.

Over 2.5 GB of data were corrupted so it's going to be another 30 minutes of downloads hopefully their servers don't cut out again.

edit: Bad storm just moved in so I guess I'll be heading off and trying again later :P. Hopefully the power doesn't get knocked out lightning is really bad.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

yeah, fuck this. 8+ hours and less than 20% and now Uplay is disconnecting entirely. I am contacting live chat support to see if I can trade in my code for a voucher for the physical PS4 version. Wish me luck :lol: !
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:yeah, fuck this. 8+ hours and less than 20% and now Uplay is disconnecting entirely. I am contacting live chat support to see if I can trade in my code for a voucher for the physical PS4 version. Wish me luck :lol: !

It's part of a meta game, you have to hack Ubisoft and disable UPlay so no one else can play.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:
dsheinem wrote:yeah, fuck this. 8+ hours and less than 20% and now Uplay is disconnecting entirely. I am contacting live chat support to see if I can trade in my code for a voucher for the physical PS4 version. Wish me luck :lol: !

It's part of a meta game, you have to hack Ubisoft and disable UPlay so no one else can play.

:lol:
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

The storm finally passed and... Uplay is down again :roll: .
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I've got the PS4 version and I'm a few hours in. I'm really quite enjoying it to be fair. I'm really taken back by how fun the hacking elements are (after expecting them to be crap) and I'm enjoying getting used to the game mechanics.

Cons:
- Obvious GTA clone is obvious
- Isn't the innovative, true next gen game people were expecting
- Graphics are crap. Looks worse than GTA 5. Not really important, but the downgrade is obvious
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

The only real things I that I didn't like was the driving, and the bugs. Think most of my problems stemmed from my download last night. I'm guessing that around a quarter of the game was corrupted based up on what I was told when I tried to verify the files :P. Hopefully once that gets fixed it will be smooth selling.

Driving on the other hand is horrible. Doesn't feel like the car has any traction. You start it up and immediately the tires spin and the car jolts forward instead of gradually accelerating like you would expect. Plus every time you hit something you car slides/smears off it which feels really awkward and if you hit a stationary object no matter the size your car slams to a stop and the object you hit shows little to no feedback :P. The handling is also very loose forcing you to use the hand brake when cornering.

Story has been good so far though can't wait to progress further.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk#t=81

Side by side comparison to the E3 footage to the actual pc release on ultra.

Meh. I don't ride hype trains so I'm not disappointed. Kinda shitty that I guess the pc version has a ton of problems at higher resolutions but I don't know if they got fixed with any patches or not though.