What should we add to the TurboGrafx 16 101 Guide?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
marurun

Re: What should we add to the TurboGrafx 16 101 Guide?

Post by marurun »

Oh, I love Kompozer. It is a bit simple, but if you're OK with that, great. Expression Web is much more fully featured, but I think it's designed such that you're supposed to have all your text ready to do and just use Expression for the layout and CSS.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Oh, I love Kompozer. It is a bit simple, but if you're OK with that, great. Expression Web is much more fully featured, but I think it's designed such that you're supposed to have all your text ready to do and just use Expression for the layout and CSS.

The only thing I wish Kompozer had was spell check. But overall, it plays well with copying and pasting into Wordpress, so that's what makes me happy :)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Marurun, How much more do you think there is to go one what you wanted to add?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Not too much. I just need to survive this week. There've been some upheavals at work, to put it mildly. This weekend will be my big push. Hopefully I can wrap it up.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Not too much. I just need to survive this week. There've been some upheavals at work, to put it mildly. This weekend will be my big push. Hopefully I can wrap it up.

Awesome --- hope the work stuff goes ok. I get to address some things with my staff today. Yay for responsibility!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Oh no! Saints Row 3 has eaten my brain! Thank goodness I got some work done Friday. Still more to do, though. I am delayed by my own gaming temptations... I think it's looking good, though. Gonna throw in info on the JPN hardware this time and seriously update emulation as well.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Oh no! Saints Row 3 has eaten my brain! Thank goodness I got some work done Friday. Still more to do, though. I am delayed by my own gaming temptations... I think it's looking good, though. Gonna throw in info on the JPN hardware this time and seriously update emulation as well.

Sounds awesome!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Oh good lord. ALMOST done. I did so much typing on this today. Felt bad procrastinating with SR3. Still a little more to do, and it will require a good editor to run it through (I'll just edit myself into the ground if I do the final editing). For a story of this length, it will need lots of good images, especially of the hardware variations. I also need to insert a lot of links to some of the stuff I mention at the end, like emulation and homebrew stuff.

The very end of the article has 3 or 4 bulleted lists with only the entries and no descriptions. I still need to fill those in. I also basically reworded and re-ordered, as well as cleaned, corrected, and condensed the older material. Some of what I contributed back when is actually wrong, so I tried to fix that.

Buh...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Oh good lord. ALMOST done. I did so much typing on this today. Felt bad procrastinating with SR3. Still a little more to do, and it will require a good editor to run it through (I'll just edit myself into the ground if I do the final editing). For a story of this length, it will need lots of good images, especially of the hardware variations. I also need to insert a lot of links to some of the stuff I mention at the end, like emulation and homebrew stuff.

The very end of the article has 3 or 4 bulleted lists with only the entries and no descriptions. I still need to fill those in. I also basically reworded and re-ordered, as well as cleaned, corrected, and condensed the older material. Some of what I contributed back when is actually wrong, so I tried to fix that.

Buh...

For editing, do you just need some proofreading and such? I can have someone give it a go if you send it to me. Unless it requires someone with more topical knowledge.

For images, are you thinking we need something more than what we could scrape together from Google images and Flickr?
marurun

Post by marurun »

racketboy wrote:
marurun wrote:Oh good lord. ALMOST done. I did so much typing on this today. Felt bad procrastinating with SR3. Still a little more to do, and it will require a good editor to run it through (I'll just edit myself into the ground if I do the final editing). For a story of this length, it will need lots of good images, especially of the hardware variations. I also need to insert a lot of links to some of the stuff I mention at the end, like emulation and homebrew stuff.

Buh...

For editing, do you just need some proofreading and such? I can have someone give it a go if you send it to me. Unless it requires someone with more topical knowledge.

For images, are you thinking we need something more than what we could scrape together from Google images and Flickr?

Well, it is kinda wall o' text. I've shrunk the old bits, but added enough content to pretty much double the size of the article. I'll troll the homebrewers for some prize screenshots of their titles.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile